(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts

Go down 
+46
Deuff
orange tik tac
nothing
b0b_hollywood
CrossBones3129
LilProphet
(hed)
The Lost Soul
Crazy_hed
Chizase2012
HED TILL I DIE
Maikoes
wedged
alacran69
elgringoloco
Mr.Null
kmksoulja
Kirby
cripBrownie420
(moncado) p.e.
Lummel666
CUBEarth36
Srh (hed)pe586
onedaymyfriend
Leonid
MADMANNe
tiredofsleep_2012
cc2529
FlintTown
Shakezulah
Mr. Sinistər
LotusLord
Seed
hed_2012
lozz
Catar4x
Twenty Twelve
Zombified
(anonymous)
ivan
blackout
Broke2012
geduliss
MadMadMan565
andy_factor
Gray Fox
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
cripBrownie420
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
cripBrownie420

Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:10 am

i listened to No rest for da wicked the last time i played the cd for the day. i keep skipping it. and it was diffrent
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/​CripBrownie
Catar4x
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:29 am

They deleted the guitar intro and added more refrain at the end.
Back to top Go down
The Lost Soul
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
The Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:46 am

wonder how record sales are gonna be 1st week..
Back to top Go down
wedged
Admin
Admin
wedged

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 am

I think pretty good considering almost all of us preordered the shit out of it:-)
Back to top Go down
elgringoloco
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 am

Can someone PM me the Skull and bonus disc? would be friggin nice!

oh man definitely going to buy this baby,too!3more days and I get money Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deuff
Deuff

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:37 am

Best record since Back 2 Base X =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nekhen
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 pm

I found this album slightly disappointing.

As much as I love their movement to a heavier noise I would still rate NWO above this one.

I expected more.

Jahreds vocals, although diverse, I found were for the most part, a complete let down. Some of it just sounds plain bad to me.

Samples have never pissed me off so much on an album before but this one had me distracted and for the most part, not even giving two shits about what was being said.

Half of this album is golden. One quarter of it is good. And the rest of it...well I'll leave that for you to decide.

I rated all songs out of 5.

Silence is Betrayal (Intro) 3/5

Uses the drums from Ben Stewart's Kymatica and includes quotes which basically sum up the whole theme of the album. The woman who talks can be found in most of the other intros throughout the album. I find that she begins to grate on my nerves though.

Truth Rising 3/5

Not a bad song. So tired of the lyrics. I've heard this shit before over and over again. I feel like (hed) lyrics are being extremely recycled. Nevertheless it's quite catchy and groovy and fucking heavy!

Almost Over 3.5/5

Sick of Jahreds screech. It doesn't even sound good to me. Saved by a dope, catchy chorus and an amazing KoRn-esque bridge. This song feels like three different songs jammed into one...Odd.

The Capitalist Conspiracy (Intro) 0/5

Boring as fuck! They didn't fucking need it. 17 seconds is still a bitch to listen to even if you do care about what is being said.

No Rest 4 Da Wicked 3.5/5

Pretty catchy. Pretty heavy. Pretty awesome. Amazing chill out bridge. I really wish they would capitalise on those Bitch-esque moments more because fuck it's awesome. My only complaint is that this song gets a little repetitive. The chorus plays out like 10 fucking times. I can see myself getting over this song pretty quickly.

This Fire 4/5

I really don't need that bitch talking that shit at the start. Cool vocals from Jahred during the verses. Original! And finally lyrics that don't seem rehashed from B2BX, Insomnia and NWO. Pretty average chorus...Not terribly interesting. 'This little light of mine, I'm gunna let it shine' is very well sung and fuck this song gets heavy...It's a shame they had to put a fucking sample over the bridge because even though what is being said is cool it's just not fucking necessary. Really ticks me off. I want to hear the guitars. Not this distracting rhetoric over the top of amazing guitar riffs. Sweet solo's at the end. All up a pretty nice song.

Takeover 2/5

This has that Suburban Noize vibe to it. Vocals that I've heard 58 fucking times before on Insomnia. 'We don't giveafuck about shit.' I mean what the fuck is that? I just know that these guys are capable of better lyrics than this. Just lazy. This song is really gay in my opinion. Sorry.

Stand Up 2.5/5

So when I heard that Lajon from Sevendust was going to guest sing on this song I almost creamed my pants but this song is only slighty above average. This was so disappointing. Lajon sounds like my fucking Grandpa. And Jahred does that annoying screech shit in a chorus which feels really off to me. Maybe rushed or something. It doesn't fit. A really cool riff during the verses and a nice ending can't save this song from being a total disappointment.

Beijo Na Boca (Intro) 3/5

This is pretty cool. Random sound effects. And a fucking dope section from 30 seconds onwards. I wish they would go down that chill path. I want more of that shit.

Menina 4.5/5

Wtf? This is cool for some reason. Catchy as fuck. Unfortunately the chorus is over done. I get over it by the end. There's an amazing section in the centre of the song that doesn't feel like it belongs at all but nevertheless it sounds fucking dope, reminding me of that amazing evilness brought to Everything All the Time. This song is just so out there and original. One of the standout tracks.

Universal Peace Intro 1/5

Insert fart noise here.

Forward Go 4.5/5

Didn't need that assholes samples over what is an almost perfect song. Catchy. In your face! This song is just well done. Period. Fuck from 2 minutes onward...Goosebumps. Beautiful. One of the best tracks I've heard by (hed) in quite a while. Not too sure about Jahreds vocals during the verses. A little sub par...

Bad News 4.5/5

The best track on the album in my opinion. System of a Downish moments with an epic chorus and...this song is just heavy and catchy. But what kind of meth was Jahred smoking when he put that strange reverb thing for 'sick and tired of you' in the chorus...It sounds like mashed up asshole. I know it's a small thing but it annoys me. Why do it? Seriously! And I don't need the sample at the end. It didn't piss me off on B2BX, Insomnia or NWO but it gives me the shits on this album.

Deepthroat 3/5

Sorry this is pretty funny. This should have been a bonus track or something though. I don't think we need it in the middle of the CD. Pretty amusing listening to Jahreds reactions. This sums (hed) pe's fuck around nature up perfectly.

Murder 4/5

Of course there had to be a sex-core song on the album somewhere. Have a feeling this song will not be too loved. I quite dug it though. It's like a Mirrorballin 2 except it's actually good. Amusing lyrics. Awesome Middle Eastern beats in the background. This would be a great song to make love to. It's the fun song of the album.

(hed) honcho 0/5

Yaaaaaaaawn.

Children of the Fall 3.5/5

Heavy! Well written! Dig it. Nothing truly amazing though.

Enough Secrecy Intro 0/5

ENOUGH...samples.

No More Secrets 3/5

Game Over 2...But sequels are rarely better than the original and in this case it holds true. Nothing special. For fucks sake I don't need samples over these amazing music sections.

Whitehouse 2/5

Fast...and just plain boring. Don't like this song...Nothing much happens.

We are the Ones (Intro) 3/5

Works well as an intro. One of the few samples that has a deserving place on this album.

It's Alright 4/5

Reggae bass, melodica, nice lyrics and a good chorus. One of the better tracks on this album and a nice finisher.

I'd give this album a 7/10.

Hopefully it will grow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Yeah bad news does sound like SOAD. Very good song. Also love Forwad go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:33 pm

New hed pe record is amazing. It sounds like a mixture of pantera, soad, 80's cali hardcore punk, and snot, with a little mellow stoner dub music. I love it even more that its not like NWO
Back to top Go down
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 pm

not sure what I think yet, but it's growing on me.
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:45 pm

i think i give it a 3.5/5, still getting used to it.

i wish the skull & bonus cd didnt have comentary between songs, or they shouldve included them on different tracks.
Back to top Go down
Lummel666
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Lummel666

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Yeah, same here I'm gonna cut the songs on the skull & bonus disc.
Back to top Go down
https://roelvanrossum2.wixsite.com/liveurbansexxtribe
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:04 pm

I must admit I was rather sceptical about this album but now I really like it. There are a few really good songs. I keep listening to it all the time Smile
Back to top Go down
The Lost Soul
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
The Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:52 pm

judgement day is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

we dont care if we goto jail tonight.. lol
Back to top Go down
Crazy_hed
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:57 pm

I like about 3 songs... ive been too into those to listen to the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexanderjamesgintner
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Love The whole album definatly agree best since b2bx. I Actually Kinda Liked The Commentary Between tracks idk it really doesnt bug me cuz im used to it cuz Tech N9ne has done it Before they just arent as long as some of Jahs so i can see how it could be anyoing
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Offtopic: I dont know if any of you have Spotify or if its even avaible outside of sweden yet but maybe (hed) has it in Norway? Anyway its a musicprogram streaming style and they just uploaded major pain 2 indee freedom on it and it also has the live tracks from the dvd AND the novus ordus clitorus live. They only play part of the song though.
Back to top Go down
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 am

got it and have heard it. hopefully truth rising will be on there soon too.
Back to top Go down
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 pm

It has grown on me after a few listens. The songs get a little better. Still not sure if I dig it more than NWO though. It's a very close tie for me. That is so shit how Suburban Noize disallowed The Love You Show to go on to the main album because it was 'too much about love'...fuck that. I thought (hed) were with Sub Noize so they could avoid dumb shit like that. I mean how could they allow This Love to be on NWO and then disallow The Love You Show to go on Truth Rising. Jahred does a pretty good speel about why it is that his opinions are always changing. What he says makes a lot of sense and it kind of justifies his ever changing notions on the way the world works.

Oh and had anybody figured out where all of those excerpts come from...about us being the rulers behind the throne/secret government...Sound like a Zeitgeist like documentary that I wouldn't mind checking out...

'a new day has dawned, that the saints shall govern the earth, it is you, you are the powers behind the throne'
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Yeah, I was shocked when I heard Subnoize didn't let them put The Love You Show on the album, thought indie labels should give thier artists freedom of expression.

And I like Jared's comments much more than the sound clips, he says some interesting things. It's cool that they used the beat from a fan and that he says a few words about other band members.

When it comes to his speech, it makes a whole lot more sense than his facebook rants, I must admit I totally agree with him about religion.
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

(anonymous) wrote:
Yeah, I was shocked when I heard Subnoize didn't let them put The Love You Show on the album, thought indie labels should give thier artists freedom of expression.

And I like Jared's comments much more than the sound clips, he says some interesting things. It's cool that they used the beat from a fan and that he says a few words about other band members.

When it comes to his speech, it makes a whole lot more sense than his facebook rants, I must admit I totally agree with him about religion.

I agree it was interesting to listen to Jahred talk and he made alot of good points BUT, I dont fully agree with the way he talks about religion. I know ALOT of ppl young ppl today are very seculurized and dont like religion. But I dont think its fair to say "im so sorry for the ppl who are religous." "Theyre just sheep" and the likes of that which he said. I think its just not fair and its a big generalisation, AND he said early in his speech that "its never good to generalise about anything". Then he does it himself! I am not religous at all myself i dont come from a religous family but i respect that other people dont share my way of life and i dont call them stupid, blind, brainwashed becuase of it. I dont think thats cool, and i dont think anyone's "right", neither will i let a religous fundamentalist tell me that they're right and neither will i tell them that they're wrong. I dont think religon is all shit and no good. Its used for alot of shit but that a different thing. It has cultural values, historical values and so on!

ya feel me? Razz
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm

I think that when he calls religious people brainwashed etc. he means the fanatics that try to impose thier beleifs on everyone else. I hate this kind of people, telling others that they can't do this or that cause it's against religion, such approach towards religion is the cause of hate and discrimination. Moreover, some people are so blind that they even make excuses for scandals such as pedophile priests and that is horrible.

Those are definitely the "sheeple" that Jared criticises, the stubborn, close-minded, aggressive ones.

I don't think he hates all religious people, probably only the kinds I mentioned, at least that's how I understand it.
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

religion is another way to divide people. if the way you practice your religion doesnt do that, then its alright in my book.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Sinistər
Admin
Admin
Mr. Sinistər

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:58 pm

I've listened to this record like 8 times already and i'm digging this shit for sure. Solid 4-4.5 for me. Review coming soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedpeonline.com
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:50 am

religion is this, I don't care what you believe in or whatever, but like anything else when you push your views on me, that's when it becomes a big deal. Telling me I'm going to hell because I dont believe in your god, or because I dont go to church. Come one dude, I don't need your god or your views. And like stated, that is were Jahred is coming from. But, Ivan is right about religion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next