(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts

Go down 
+46
Deuff
orange tik tac
nothing
b0b_hollywood
CrossBones3129
LilProphet
(hed)
The Lost Soul
Crazy_hed
Chizase2012
HED TILL I DIE
Maikoes
wedged
alacran69
elgringoloco
Mr.Null
kmksoulja
Kirby
cripBrownie420
(moncado) p.e.
Lummel666
CUBEarth36
Srh (hed)pe586
onedaymyfriend
Leonid
MADMANNe
tiredofsleep_2012
cc2529
FlintTown
Shakezulah
Mr. Sinistər
LotusLord
Seed
hed_2012
lozz
Catar4x
Twenty Twelve
Zombified
(anonymous)
ivan
blackout
Broke2012
geduliss
MadMadMan565
andy_factor
Gray Fox
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
blackout

Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Now after some serious listening of this one is still found it very powerfull, very direct, very "metal", with strong message behind it...
I listen only "Truth Rising"!
Still!
Smile
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 pm

yeah, truth rising fucking rocks!!!
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Arrrrrrrrrrrrg uaaaaar!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:39 pm

don't know if anyone noticed or mentioned it, but is there any possibility that Bad News (or at least parts of it) is from the Blackout days. It really sounds Blackout-ish.
Back to top Go down
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:59 am

bad news actually sounds alot to me like System of a down which i think is pretty fuckin awesome
Back to top Go down
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
blackout

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 am

Gray Fox wrote:
bad news actually sounds alot to me like System of a down which i think is pretty fuckin awesome

True; I've also thought of SOAD first!
Back to top Go down
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:24 am

agree that it somewhat also sounds like soad, but listen to the guitars
Back to top Go down
cripBrownie420
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
cripBrownie420

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 am

the chick sounds different from oia..i know its the same girl but her voices sounds a little more..deeper
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/​CripBrownie
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
blackout

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 pm

...older?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cripBrownie420
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
cripBrownie420

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 am

yea
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/​CripBrownie
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Finally got my CD, I love the album even more. And the artwork is really nice!
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:13 am

damn, took a while didnt it??? congrats! enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
newworldorphan
newworldorphan

PostSubject: Truth Rising...   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here. I can't believe so many people liked this cd so much. It has some good stuff on it but it's probably the worst of their albums. Back 2 Base X is my all time favorite but I do not understand at all how anyone can like this better than Insomnia... There's like 5 good songs on Truth Rising, Insomnia killed it! And Jah's flip-flopping political views - This album isn't about the Truth Movement for one reason, when Jah endorsed Obama he lost all credibility to the truth movement. I'm not hating, just stating facts. I've wondered if he was threatened into doing that and has to continue on with it because his voice was so loud and he was getting a lot of recognition for what he was saying. Now it seems he's a slave to the system always pushing for Obama. It's sad really, I'd like him to get back to the Anarchy, fuck endorsing politicians!

Also, about religion, I think you're right, I think he is talking about the fanatics in that conversation with Jahred piece, it is a pretty well known fact that Product is himself a Christian. He goes to the Sanctuary, a church in Huntington Beach. www dot theuprisingishere dot com/djproduct.php - There's also some pics of him skating with kids on that site. I was pretty surprised when I found out about it years ago. At first I thought how can Jah talk all that talk and Product is a christian? He's bashing his own bandmate.
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 am

I think it's great jah supports Obama and that he has shun away from the truth movement. To me that add's to his credibility as a serius person in general. Jah has to me embraced all the things that represent humanity and work for the well being of all people. Respect for all races and genders. Helping out the less fortunate. Queastioning and not blindly trusting major corporations.

He has gone thru a personal ascension himself no doubt! : )

And i think Truth rising is hella cool album though, its their heaviest most rockin' album. And it has better production than Insomnia. Insomnia has about 50 percent good songs i think. Some are real awesome and some arent so great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm

i liked truth rising better than insomnia, as whole its a lot better. but yeah, insomnia has my fav hed p.e. song of all time.
Back to top Go down
newworldorphan
newworldorphan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Trusting Obama is putting trust in big corporations and not questioning anything at all. Supporting Obama is blindly following. That's the problem. And Jahred still claims to be a part of the truth movement, but the truth movement doesn't accept him because of his support for Obama which is an abomination to truth movement. You can't support the two party system in America and say you are for truth. The two party system is against all truth and against all people except the elite. Obama talks a good talk but his actions speak louder than his words. He hasn't done one thing he said he was going to do, and he has continued everything Bush started. It was very foolish of Jah to put all his support for Obama on that album before he had even had a chance to really see how he would do as President. Obama is funded by the likes of Goldman Sachs, the same big bankers who are also funding Mitt Romney. And Mitt Romney originally drafted Obamacare. Romney and Obama are essentially the same (see video below), anyone paying any attention to what's going on can see that, but Jah hates Romney and yet loves Obama?! Jah is becoming a confused person and he not ascending, if anything he's descending, when it comes to politics anyway. He doesn't seem to have a clue anymore, even people close to him think he's crazy and has lost touch with reality. He talk about love and humanity and spirituality but he has a very huge ego, that fact that he believes he alone is Hed PE clearly demonstrates that. It's HIS music not the groups, the opinions expressed in the songs are HIS opinions NOT that of the group, he has said this many times. That's terrible, but that is his ego at work.

Don't get me wrong, guess I'm just irritated by the total flip in politics. Other than his blind allegiance to Obama, I love hearing what Jah has to say. When he speaks about Obama I just have to kind of tune out because I know I'll disagree. I do agree that he has been on a personal ascension in regard to spirituality though his ego needs to be put in check. I'd like to hear more from him in regards to that type of stuff (spirituality, ascension) in interviews rather than politics anyway. I guess I was just a bit shocked to see so much love for this album since I don't see it as so great, of course I'm speaking lyrically - the music is great. (I prefer an album with meaningful lyrics as well as good music though.) The majority of what I've heard since the release of Truth Rising has been pretty negative though. Anyhow I guess this is kind of my own little rant. haha Smile Anyhow I respect everyones point of views, so no hard feelings.

www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=sZLqsRqKFyI
Back to top Go down
newworldorphan
newworldorphan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:51 pm

ivan wrote:
i liked truth rising better than insomnia, as whole its a lot better. but yeah, insomnia has my fav hed p.e. song of all time.

What song would that be?
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:06 pm

newworldorphan wrote:
ivan wrote:

What song would that be?

game over!!! haha, i fucking love that song, its perfect!!!
Back to top Go down
skatepunk84
n00b
skatepunk84

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Obama isnt exactlly the greatest thing since sliced beard. He's just a better alternative to what could have been running office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts   Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Truth Rising - Reviews and thoughts
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23