(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New World Orphans Sampler

Go down 
+25
orange tik tac
tiredofsleep_2012
wedged
TYLER.2012
lukew4rm
gearhead87
Zombified
Crazy_hed
OriginalHipHopWitchDoctor
andy_factor
MADMANNe
LoFa
avikid86
Broke2012
WTD*
(mat) p.e.
Shakezulah
Russ
lozz
(hed)
elgringoloco
Mr. Sinistər
Kirby
(anonymous)
MadMadMan565
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

New World Orphans Sampler Empty
PostSubject: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 8:57 pm

There are 30 second clips to each song on NWO on this site:

http://www.amazon.com/New-World-Orphans-Explicit/dp/B001OFTNAS

Go and listen if you want. I caved, and listened to all of them.
I've got mixed feelings.

I mean, they don't sound bad...and I just listened really quickly
But, I don't know...I'll wait and listen to the whole songs before I judge

Sad to say though, Stepping Stone is NOT the Stepping Stone we think it is Mad
One of the songs has the same samples as Mirrorballin' in it
And, speaking of the girl samples, there's that same girl on like, 4 or 5 of the songs

OH and the last song on the list, DONT FUCK WITH US
Sounds a LOT like that bonus track on DIY Guys
It surprisingly sounds a lot better

EDIT: After listening a few more times, I change my opinion
There are no mixed feelings...this album will not disappoint at all
It will be fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Sounds nice. But I'm a bit disappointed cuz it seems Middle Class Blues is War on the Middle Class with some changes (probably) plus there are 5 intros so there aren't many new songs here.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I thought everyone figured MIddle Class Blues was War On The Middle Class.
And we knew about the intros.

UnderRated / Potluck on "For Smokers Only"

We need a friend in Japan. nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kirbythealmighty.blogspot.com
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Not counting the intros, OR the songs we've already heard
Thee are still 18 that will be brand new to us
There are two that arent on that list of samples
Bucky Lasek and Cities on The Moon

LOL I don't know about you, but I think that 18 is a lot

And, I agree with Kirby...I was under the impression everyone knew
That Middle Class Blues, was War on the Middle Class

EDIT: Actually, there is also HEY NOW, so that is 19 brand new songs
Back to top Go down
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm still pretty hype to hear it all.
Someone needs to get rich or something and get an import.
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Somebody will get the song, don't worry dude haha

And, I am hyped too!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Sinistər
Admin
Admin
Mr. Sinistər

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Oh man, what to say, what to say? Other than I share mixed feelings on some of the songs like MMM, I still feel this album will be miles better than Insomnia. Some songs like Everything All the Time sound recycled and stupid the same with Work on This. Anything with Jared's wife or whatever is gay. Songs like Planet X sound fresh as fuck! Its about time they tried out some new genres of music. Surf is a nice change for them. All the songs sound different from one another which is nice, but we already got that from Insomnia. I don't know peeps, I hope that when I have the album in my hands on the 13 it will be better, because these samples don't leave me with much hope as in NWO being the most kick-ass (hed)p.e. album since _________. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedpeonline.com
Mr. Sinistər
Admin
Admin
Mr. Sinistər

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Oh and This Love is awesome. They used Real Talk from the D.I.Y. Guys. That beat has always been tight. Glad they did something with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
elgringoloco
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:47 pm

the samples are pretty cool I think this will be the most diverse album from hed pe! I love the double bass drumming on planet x, but sad to hear that this is not the stepping stone version we all expected Sad

still pumped for NWO
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:49 pm

Kirby wrote:
I thought everyone figured MIddle Class Blues was War On The Middle Class.
And we knew about the intros.
I expected it but hoped I was wrong. Well, I'm not.
And I just don't like the number of intros, it's too much for one album. But maybe it's just me...
Some songs lyrics remind me of Mirrorballin but music is better so maybe they'll be cool as a whole.
Anyway, nice find, thanx.
Back to top Go down
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:39 pm

haha... flesh and blood a bit dead kennedys inspirated?
higher ground sounds really stupid. didnt like this love.
love dont fuck with us!
not sure what i think of the album yet but i bet i'll love it
Back to top Go down
lozz
Admin
Admin
lozz

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:01 pm

My god girlfriend sounds fucking awesome, those lyrics are a good change!
GOOD NIGHT WHITE PRIDE. I'd love to see Jah get involved in the Antifa movement!
Back to top Go down
Russ
Renegade
Renegade
Russ

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:31 pm

I am liking a lot of the new songs...there are some solid hip-hop tracks on here, which makes me happy (I was worried this album would be Jah screeching the whole time).

Of course the first few songs we have already heard, and I love them!

"Stay Ready" sounds sick as fuck, reminds me of "The Box" from OIA.

"Family" is kinda cool...some of the lyrics are questionable, but the beat is cool.

"Stepping Stone" sounds really good...Jah is rapping like the old days, good shit.

"Everything all the Time" is so annoying, why is that bitch in another song? At least there is a bit of punk present, maybe a whole track will be better...

"Flesh and Blood" sounds like old school punk rock...I bet Tiny had a lot of influence in this since his background is TSOL

"Planet X" is really cool, love the surf guitar loop, and then the punk rock is pounding

"Higher Ground" is awesome, love the beat, love it love it!

"Tow The Line..." yawn...the lyrics sound good though so that's alright, I'll listen to the whole thing once the album drops, but I'm not liking the energy.

"Self Aware..." WTF? So different for hed, but it sounds cool Smile

"This Love" sounds sick, cool hip-hop

"Work On This" is fucking bad ass! The girl isn't even annoying, which is nice...it's sexcore but it reminds me of Broke not Insomnia...

"Babylon Fall" is amazing...I love the hip-hop on this album!

"Born 2 Ride" is OK, reminds me of Tienanmen Square of Insomnia...nothing special

"Girlfriend" sounds cool, kind of heavy...oh wait that evil chick just fucked it up :!lol:

"For Smokers Only" is cool, like the beat

"Don't Fuck With Us" reminds me of more classic Punk Rock, almost reminds me of Suicidal Tendencies, good shit!

Overall, I know I will love this album! I think there will be three songs I will skip over after a few listens, but I am grateful for some good new hed tracks Smile
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:04 am

I'm most excited to hear Stay Ready, Family, Stepping Stone, Self Aware, and Girlfriend

I agree with Lozz, Girlfriend's lyrics are fucking amazing from just that little clip
It's a VERY nice change of topic...even if that stupid girl is in it...

And, I agree with Russ, Self Aware sounds nothing like HED has ever done
But, that is something I like...and not to mention the song does sound BADASSSSS
I think it will turn out being a really good song

I'm pumped for this album.
Back to top Go down
Shakezulah
Shakezulah

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:22 am

I took a listen to all the samples. As I expected, this album seems like it will leave a lot to be desired. I know they're only 30 second clips, but they tell you a lot on how each song will sound as a whole. First of all, there are FAAAAAR too many pure hip-hop songs on here. One or maybe two are okay, but there are like 5 or 6 of them on here. Rediculous. On top of that, apart from the songs we've already heard, there seems to be a total lack of heavy songs, like there were on the 2 albums before this. Whatever happened to Jared rapping over heavy songs? The band's mix of great rapping and heavy guitar riffs is what made them who they are. These days, those two elements of the band seem to have been divided. Jared's rapping is reserved for just straight-up hip-hop songs, and the heavier tracks have him doing that screechy scream the whole time.

Some of the tracks sound pretty interesting, like Planet X and Self-Aware, and some just sound stupid. Then there are the lyrics. Jared is still recycling lyrics from song to song, not only form different albums, but from different songs on the same album. It gets really boring quickly, as all of the song's lyrics seem to run together and either be about a government conspiracy, sex, or both. I know Jared has a larger vocabulary and better writing skills...I don't see why he hasn't put them to use in so many years.

This amount of songs on one album is unheard of for almost any artist, and the ones that do put that many songs on their albums aren't very good to begin with. With 26 tracks, there's inevitably going to be quite of a bit of worthless filler, especially when it was all written in such a short amount of time. Take out the intros, most of the hip-hop songs, and the generic, boring punk and keep everything else, and you would have a very solid (hed) p.e. album. All that shit is just holding the album as a whole back and foricing it to be watered down.

I'm still looking forward to the whole album, and I really hope that my preconceived notions of it will be shot down. I would love nothing more than to have another purely awesome (hed) album. But so far, it seems like another case of there being a handful of really strong tracks with the rest being mediocre or just plain bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shakezulah
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:23 am

Work On This will be nice.
Wanna hear Tech's verse.
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:48 am

I'm going to review the clips as well, like Russ did.
I'm bored haha

Ok so...

Stay Ready - The clip makes me want to hear the song a lot more then what I had. Even though I'm disappointed because Dirtball is in it, which means Jahred will be in it less ha

Family - This song sounds pretty cool. I like the instrumental, though the lyrics are quite familiar...recycled much? still, it sounds like it will be a pretty good jam.

Stepping Stone - Although I was disappointed it wasnt the song we thought it was, this song still sounds completely fucking amazing. I was so hoping they'd use that instrumental. I'm stoked to hear how the chorus songs with the more rock/metal instrumental part

Everything All The Time - The beginning didn't impress me at all. It souned like Mirrorballin 2...but the chorus, seemed better...and maybe i'm just wishful thinking, but I'd like to think when hearing the whole song, it'll be different.

Flesh And Blood - I probably stand alone, but I don't like the sound of this song. It just doesnt sound right...lyrics are probably ok, but I dont know. Maybe hearing the whole song will change my opinion.

Planet X - Definitely another song HED is experimenting with. I like the surf part, with the lyrics as well...but although I like the double bass drumming, the 'the sky is falling' part i dont know...its just, i dont know, im not a fan.

Higher Ground - From what it sounds like, the song isnt about sex. So therefor, I'm actually not scared to hear KMK on it. I like Daddy X a lot when he's on other peoples songs...maybe he'll do a good job on this. This sounds like it could be a good song.

Tow The Line - Tienanmen Squared Number 2 anyone? Nothing special.

Self Aware - Aw man, this sounds fucking amazing. definitely nothing HED has done before...this just sounds like it will be really moving. I LOVE the instrumental, and Jah is being all, gentle haha

This Love - Eh, it sounds alright. The instrumental sounded better alone, I think. The song still sounds, oookayyy i guess.

Work On This - I'm not a fan of the girl, i'm really not. she pisses me off, and I almost have this weird hunch that Jahred's girlfriend is like 'LET ME BE ON YOUR SONGS OR ILL DUMP YOU' hahaha. But anyways, when it does get into the verse, the lyrics sound ok...and i'm excited to hear Tech on this track...should be sweet.

Babylon Fall - Sounds ok. Not bad. Not great. Not much else to say.

Born 2 Ride - This song sounds like a good punk rock song. Lyrics are simple, yet likeable. I fail to see how Big B will work on this track though haha

Girlfriend - This song sounds badass. The subject change is NICE, I'm glad they are choosing to sing about this in a song. Although again, the fuckin chick annoys the hell out of me. I hope she doesnt do the whole chorus.

For Smokers Only - Alright...I didn't hear any part of HED throughout the whole clip, so fuck that.

Dont Fuck With Us - Again, I fail to believe that is HED. Maybe the music, but that is DEFINITELY not Jahred...it sounds nothing like him to me. I hope some mysteries are solved when we get the actual CD
Back to top Go down
(mat) p.e.
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:34 am

So from the 30 seconds of each song I'm just a bit disappointed, but its only 30 seconds so I hope I'm not disappointed at all when I hear the full songs, but anyway the songs I do like from what I heard besides Renegade, Bloodfire, Ordo, and Live or die free are Planet X, Self aware, Don't Fuck With Us and Girlfriend, but why the hell does that girl have to be in some of the songs I don't like it at all it makes it annoying and it makes me not want to listen to the songs that have her in them.
Back to top Go down
elgringoloco
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:50 am

I for myself gotta say that I love to hear Jahred singin again instead of just screamin all the time.

i think this album might dissapoint some of the diehard fans, but this is hed today in 2009 you can't expect them to be like in 2000 n shit. But I know that you all will love some of those songs. really looking forward for this joint!
Back to top Go down
WTD*
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:29 pm

hey everyone, i m bk in the house Wink
those new samples practically forced me to register here...some good stuff there. i m sooo glad hed is doing some new stuff. work on this and especially self aware sound great. cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Broke2012

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:38 pm

i'm going to cry

i want the album now
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/broke2012
avikid86
avikid86

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:38 pm

maaaaaaaaan, i liked the hip hop samples more than the heavier ones, can't wait to see what the whole cd will sound like.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/avikid86
LoFa
LoFa

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:49 pm

My first post ftw...only one I really know is Kirby from a different forum.

Anyway, I'm DEFINITELY feeling this shit...a lot. I'm thinking this could end up being my favorite (hed) album. I know a lot of you might not like it..and like the hard shit more...but, I'm a hip-hop head...and hearing Jah spit on many of the tracks is sick. He's actually coming with dope-ass shit too...not like his verse he dropped on Tech's album.

I dig almost every sample for sure. I can't wait to get this shit in the mail. haha
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hellspit06
Mr. Sinistər
Admin
Admin
Mr. Sinistər

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm

I still think This Love will be epic or at least that 30 sec clip will be. This album is still gonna kick major ass.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 pm

LoFa wrote:
My first post ftw...only one I really know is Kirby from a different forum.

Anyway, I'm DEFINITELY feeling this shit...a lot. I'm thinking this could end up being my favorite (hed) album. I know a lot of you might not like it..and like the hard shit more...but, I'm a hip-hop head...and hearing Jah spit on many of the tracks is sick. He's actually coming with dope-ass shit too...not like his verse he dropped on Tech's album.

I dig almost every sample for sure. I can't wait to get this shit in the mail. haha
Ey! It's LoFa!

Haha, I'm waitin' too man. It'll be here a little after my birthday, so that's good looks for the date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New World Orphans Sampler   New World Orphans Sampler Empty

Back to top Go down

New World Orphans Sampler
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next