(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is hed selling out?

Go down 
+21
Gray Fox
geduliss
Lummel666
gearhead87
PhiliBIRD
ivan
lozz
MADMANNe
Mr. Sinistər
Mr.Null
andy_factor
TYLER.2012
i.never.run
Kirby
Zombified
Broke2012
bizko
(anonymous)
MadMadMan565
hed_2012
wedged
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

Is hed selling out? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:54 am

Ah dude, with all due respect I don't think anyone is lecturing (hed) on when to release what kind of songs. I don't see any (hed) members on this forum.

I for one care about (hed) making cloned songs. And to me it's not a new song, hence the word clone. This is not the (hed) pe I once knew. I always respected them for their range and variety. Don't get me wrong...I still love them! But seriously...move the fuck on from N.W.O.

I guess I would just prefer them to release NEW shit.

N.W.O. is old fucking news. It was released almost a year ago now. And they've already made three fucking albums out of it. Almost a year down the track they add one (in my opinion) mediocre song and WHAM! (hed) pe are coming out with a new album....or are they? I see it as really shitty, as I'm sure do many others.

While I do agree with the whole 'you don't have to buy it' attitude it doesn't stop me from thinking that it's completely lame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:17 am

Something about the whole cloned song, I have a thought.
Like, I know it's not a new album, just a rerelease of NWO
But for every progressing album, when the first single was released
It was always so different, even with Insomnia...Suffa was nothing like anything from B2BX
The newly released song is always something totally different.
So, Here and Now being released didnt fit that mold. Its a good song...but, not any different.
Though, it's just a rerelease of NWO...so I guess it's not unexpected.

I agree with hed2012 though...move on from NWO. jahred doesnt like to focus on the past
So he should move on from NWO LOL! 'Cause it's the past now XP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
gearhead87

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:38 am

You know, I really hate to see people raggin on Subnoize for all of this, because I don't believe that much of this was their doing.

I think some of you die hard fans are still somewhat in denial that Hed is selling out. Sure, the entire label is starting to grow and get more radio play, sell more, etc, but not in the way that Hed is doing it. You don't see KMK releasing 4 or 5 versions of the same album. You don't see big b or dirtball doing it. Sure, big b got radio play, but none of them are recording copy songs and releasing the same albums again, iphone apps, etc, like Hed is.

I think Hed saw an opportunity to make money and took it. I mean what is it with all of these myspace bulletins?! How many bulletins do we need talking about Obama and reptillions and the truth movement, blah blah blah... it's all either a marketing stunt or they are all perma-fried from all of the drugs and booze of their past.

/end rant... lol
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:35 pm

gearhead87 wrote:
You know, I really hate to see people raggin on Subnoize for all of this, because I don't believe that much of this was their doing.

I think some of you die hard fans are still somewhat in denial that Hed is selling out. Sure, the entire label is starting to grow and get more radio play, sell more, etc, but not in the way that Hed is doing it. You don't see KMK releasing 4 or 5 versions of the same album. You don't see big b or dirtball doing it. Sure, big b got radio play, but none of them are recording copy songs and releasing the same albums again, iphone apps, etc, like Hed is.

I think Hed saw an opportunity to make money and took it. I mean what is it with all of these myspace bulletins?! How many bulletins do we need talking about Obama and reptillions and the truth movement, blah blah blah... it's all either a marketing stunt or they are all perma-fried from all of the drugs and booze of their past.

/end rant... lol

HED is not the only one to be doing tactics like this. There are some similar. Like anonymous said in another thread:

(anonymous) wrote:
Apparently it's Subnoize's new strategy to get more $$$, look at Subnoize Store - they're selling old KMK albums together with new DVDs so that fans who wanna get the DVDs must buy the albums again.

Or at least that's how I understood "re-releasing a string of newly recovered masters from the early catalog." (???)

And to get these "collector's items for the hardcore fans" they'll have to spend $42.00 + shipping.

Even if I'm wrong and the albums actually contain unreleased material, I see no point in releasing them all with DVDs. Especially if they're DIY Guys type of stuff. And seriously WTF is "The Lost Adventures of the Kottonmouth Kings"??? LOL. And what next, are they gonna release their home videos together with new albums to make the prices higher? Like what, exclusive footage of KMK barbecue and Hed PE fishing?

And Big B's CD just came out. Give it time. It took HED a year.
Back to top Go down
lozz
Admin
Admin
lozz

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Big B isn't getting the same album released four times because they know it wouldn't sell, I bet his album won't even sell over 1000 copies in the first week. Subnoize know that (hed) sells, in particular NWO sells. They know this and thats why they are releasing a fourth copy of NWO, its a tried and tested formula so they will milk it dry.

Its not like the record is even going to be that cheap, Skindreds new album you can preorder now for only $6.99, but if I want to get (hed)'s new track in a hard copy I will probably have to dish out $10 and then more than that aswell on shippping alone.

What pisses me off is that this is OBVIOUSLY subnoizes doing, and I know that most the money made from NWO will not go into (hed) pockets. What I would like to see is the money being made from the current record being REINVESTED into the bands future, maybe even paying for a studio, producer and mixer/masterer for the next record.

But instead a large chunk will be going into the CEO's pockets, and a large amount will probably be invested into many of the absoulute SHITE acts on subnoizes repertoire.

I'll tell you what, if (hed) finallly come back to the UK I will gladly purchase the new copy of NWO after watching a killer set, but I'll tell the salesman that I want every penny to go back to the band lol!
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:45 pm

lozz wrote:

What pisses me off is that this is OBVIOUSLY subnoizes doing, and I know that most the money made from NWO will not go into (hed) pockets. What I would like to see is the money being made from the current record being REINVESTED into the bands future, maybe even paying for a studio, producer and mixer/masterer for the next record.

But instead a large chunk will be going into the CEO's pockets, and a large amount will probably be invested into many of the absoulute SHITE acts on subnoizes repertoire.

that's the point, I'd like to know that the money will be invested in the band, in promoting Hed.

Why can't I even get their Subnoize albums in Poland?? I wish they started caring about non-US fans. It might be good for them and for Hed as well. Actually one of the reasons why I didn't buy all 3 NWOs were shipping costs. If I could get them at a record store in Poland I'd probably get all 3 and it would still cost less than the damn shipping (which was a rip-off by the way)
Back to top Go down
Lummel666
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Lummel666

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:51 pm

I like the new 3 coloured album cover that's on itunes, i would buy a new New world orphans for that alone. Never enough (hed)p.e.!
Back to top Go down
https://roelvanrossum2.wixsite.com/liveurbansexxtribe
geduliss
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
geduliss

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSubnoizeSouljaz

Subnoize just is going to or has released Subnoize Souljaz new album... which is covers of old school rap songs! They even stopped writting their own material Smile
I understand remixes that are completely different, a new look on some songs. But this is ridiculous... these songs are just replayed, and very poorly IMO...
Just want to stress the point that someone made, that Subnoize is not about music.
Back to top Go down
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm

i liked potlucks i got 5 on it tho the rest of the album is ehh
Back to top Go down
geduliss
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
geduliss

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 am

yeah, some songs sound OK, but it's probably because these are old school clasics Smile
nd they have done very little to change them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Null
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Mr.Null

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:50 pm

My favorite is “bring the noize” cover by Sen Dog!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedpe.ru
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:04 pm

yea bring tha noize was the shit i also thought fuck the police was pretty good but i still like dopes cover of it the best.
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Gray Fox wrote:
yea bring tha noize was the shit i also thought fuck the police was pretty good but i still like dopes cover of it the best.

Omg, Dope's cover of F.T.P is like sex in my ears. It's so good haha.
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:44 am

guys, listen to the cover of fuck the police by rage against the machine, it fucking rules
Back to top Go down
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 am

heard it dopes is still better
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:01 am

Gray Fox wrote:
heard it dopes is still better

agreed!
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:12 am

rage against the machin man! I LOVE THEM!
Back to top Go down
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 am

RATM's Cover > Dope's Cover.

But I do like both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kirbythealmighty.blogspot.com
SPANinc
SPANinc

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:07 am

On the topic of selling out - I think the problem is that (hed) and especially Jah. As much as they'd hate to admit it, they performed best under the pressure of a bigger record company. Just look at how tight their early albums are. I'm not saying that the latest ones aren't up to standard, just that they just seem to lack something...cohesion i guess.

I think subnoise try and give (hed) what they want - freedom from constraints and deadlines, but it's totally backfired. Best-of's and re-releases are a lazy ass way to try to make money. That's why Jive released a best-of after the band was long gone. The problem is that they don't do much to reach new fans and grow the market.

I really don't think there is a market strong enough to support another re-release, and as everyone here has demonstrated, fans become disillusioned with this sort of crap. The fact is that if the band is to survive, they need to get off their asses and start to make new, innovative music. If not, let it die. Don't go out like so many bands these days that keep going to make money and should've stopped years ago (examples that come to mind are Pearl Jam and RHCP).

Otherwise they might as well be on one of those fucking gay TimeLife commercials with all the old nobodies pimping the same old crap trying to make some money for their retirement since all the money they made back in the day they spent on hookers and acid.
Back to top Go down
Serpent_boy
Renegade
Renegade
Serpent_boy

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 am

On the topic of rage against the machine my bands playing a show next month at a bar and were playing killing in the name of, bullet in the head and also bartender by hed pe.
Back to top Go down
LotusLord
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 8:05 pm

The band makes most of their money on touring. Subnoize makes the money from CD sales.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:21 am

Could've swore Jahred said something about making 5 dollars for every album they sold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kirbythealmighty.blogspot.com
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:03 am

yeah, i think i heard that somewhere too
Back to top Go down
Mr.Null
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Mr.Null

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 am

(hed)p.e. are making 1000$ per show, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedpe.ru
Ferle
Renegade
Renegade
Ferle

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am

Mr.Null wrote:
(hed)p.e. are making 1000$ per show, if you're interested.

This is the money that has to be payed for them to come or the money that comes to the artist after paying the promoter and others?
Because if they charge only 1000 per concert they are really cheap. I have to call them to come and play at my house for that price Very Happy
The shittiest Slovenian artists make 1000$ per concert with no big problem. And there are smaller crowds and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is hed selling out?   Is hed selling out? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is hed selling out?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next