(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who else thinks...

Go down 
+9
blackout
wedged
avikid86
Srh (hed)pe586
hed_2012
Catar4x
MADMANNe
geduliss
Mr.Null
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

Who else thinks... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah, that wasn't a smart comment. My gf is from Germany , Heidelberg to be exact. she said basically everyone knows how to speak their native language, English, and usually another European language.
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Lol I don't think there is even an option to view this site in another language, I've never thought about it. I'm a member of a few music forums and I've never had problems.

And yeah, many people in Europe speak English very well, especially young and educated ones. Most of my friends can use English fluently. I am actually an English teacher and have written my BA and MA works in English Wink
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Shit, you probably know more then I do about the english language
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:29 pm

Well, I notice mistakes easily and often find myself correcting people I'm talking to. It's a teacher's habit I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
avikid86
avikid86

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:01 am

I agree with what wedge said, i like the new stuff when it comes out but get bored of it pretty quickly. But i gotta say that truth rising was a step back in the right direction. I like alot of rock and also rap/hip hop, and hed blends them perfect along with punk, not to many bands out there that can do that and thats why hed pe rocks!

So do they make english a mandatory class or is it more of a choice if you want to take it?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/avikid86
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 am

Alexis told me english is taught mandatory around the same time you're learning your native language.
Back to top Go down
avikid86
avikid86

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:19 am

Ah thats cool, over here in tx we had to take two years of a foriegn language. Not that bad, I had to learn english and almost forgot my native language lol
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:20 am

avikid86 wrote:
So do they make english a mandatory class or is it more of a choice if you want to take it?

In Poland English is obligatory in most schools and in high school you also learn the second language of your choice. And the mother tongue is also obligatory, obviously.

On topic: I agree about Truth Rising, it's a really good album, I like it much better than Insomnia and NWO.
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am

I learned spanish in highschool, I cant remember how to write any of it, but I can read it, and speak it. Living in so cali, it helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
avikid86
avikid86

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 am

Yea, truth rising got some of my friends back into likeing hed, said they had enough of them after insomnia

@ srh

haha yea i bet
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:21 am

I had always wondered how everybody knew English on here so well lol, I guess I'm just an idiot. I know French, but not very fluently...I remember I got one of my french teachers in High School to teach me stupid things to say in french though, like "I love to fart"...he was a very senile old man.

I loved Truth Rising. The only thing I wish they did is lightened up in the subject matter. I understand Jahred is very passionate about the truth movement but show some diversity. Lol that's why I like OIA, it's a very brutal yet fun album. That will always be my fav (hed) album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:42 am

Love OIA. And disagree. NWO kicks the shit out of Truth Rising in my opinion. Truth Rising had some great tracks but it got old relatively fast. NWO had so much diversity and experimentation.

Fav album would have to be s/t. So raw and experimental.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Mandatory where I am from, but probably different throughout Europe.
there are actually quite a few countries with several official languages. in Finland i think they learn Finnish (1st official), Swedish (2nd official), English as well as some random European/world language. Usually German, French or Spanish.
Right there you have four. There are also quite a lot of immigrants from eastern Europe and Asia, at least here in Norway. If they come here as kids they know their 1 or 2 native languages and learn all the rest. I think that quite a few people in Europe know at least 4 or 5 languages. Many of the western European languages are pretty similar, so all though you can't speak or write them all, you usually understand most of it.
I.e: I am Norwegian / American.
Know: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, (these three are very similar all though Danes and Swedes usually don't understand each other) English, German
Understand most: Dutch, Icelandic
Understand quite a bit: French
Understand a little: Spanish, Italian
I think a language knowledge similar to this is pretty common at least in Northern Europe.

Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

I also understand body language! : D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
blackout

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 pm

...like ladies middle finger?
:DDD
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 pm

all too well....:: P Razz
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:13 pm

hed_2012 wrote:
I had always wondered how everybody knew English on here so well lol, I guess I'm just an idiot. I know French, but not very fluently...I remember I got one of my french teachers in High School to teach me stupid things to say in french though, like "I love to fart"...he was a very senile old man.

See, i'm not the only dumb ass American.
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Where i'm from in Michigan, its a suburb of Detroit. We have the largest chaldean population in the US, if you dont know what they're, its christian arabs who come from iraq. The younger ones speak very well english, but the older ones its like talkin to a fuckin wall.
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Also, everytime i think of Norway, or sweden. I think of vikings, black metal, and people burning churches.
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Srh (hed)pe586 wrote:
Where i'm from in Michigan, its a suburb of Detroit. We have the largest chaldean population in the US, if you dont know what they're, its christian arabs who come from iraq. The younger ones speak very well english, but the older ones its like talkin to a fuckin wall.

hey bro are you by any chance talking about Dearborn? Lol I live about an hour away from Dearborn and I went their once and felt like I was so out of place.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Sometimes I think I'd like to move to the states. Is that in any way possible? how long can u stay there without like getting kicked out lol. I need a green card? something like that?
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:58 pm

MADMANNe wrote:
Sometimes I think I'd like to move to the states. Is that in any way possible? how long can u stay there without like getting kicked out lol. I need a green card? something like that?

You gotta have a visa to get there, don't you?

I think some EU countries don't need visas any more, unfortunately Poland isn't one of them even though Obama visited us this year.

edit: I love how this thread went off topic Laughing
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:16 am

I would think you could stay long as you wanted, but i dont think you could get a job unless you have a visa, because then they would consider you a illegal alien. You could apply for a Diversity Visa http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html. The requirements are having a highschool education or work experience for 2 years. I know they put you into a lottery if your application is acceptable, and they only take like 50,000 people a year. we have a embassy in stockholm, idk how far that is from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks...   Who else thinks... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who else thinks...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(Hed)P.E. Online :: (Hed)P.E. :: (Hed)P.E. Discussion-
Jump to: