(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What hell is happening to metal

Go down 
+9
Lummel666
ivan
bizko
geduliss
tiredofsleep_2012
Gray Fox
(anonymous)
(hed)
Srh (hed)pe586
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

What hell is happening to metal Empty
PostSubject: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:20 am

I'm sorry but bands like whitechapel, black as blood, winds of the plague, suicide silence, depised icon, impending doom, oceano, they're just over populating with this scene kid garbage new brand of hot topic metal. Its like everything is turning into huge plugs, nike air max's, shitty vocals, gay break downs, non stop double bass, and skinny jeans. weres the bands at like chimaira, lamb of god, slayer, and devildriver.
Back to top Go down
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
(hed)

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:46 pm

haven't heard of any of first bands you mentioned.. isn't whitechapel a hamburger joint or something? Wink

did you guys see the slayer christmas lights thingy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjI7gT1FvI

Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Damn, I just noticed I'm no longer able to buy Slayer merch at their official store:
http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/slayer/features/5604536?utm_medium=columbia-smesite&utm_source=slayer&ocid=columbia-smesite|slay

Last year I ordered a tee from them and now I couldn't buy anything. Whoever runs the store is a damn moron.
Back to top Go down
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:00 am

i know exactly what u mean metal aint what it used to be
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:04 am

they sound like shit and the 50 bands that sound just like them also sound like shit. There is an obscenely low amount of creativity and good songwriting in metal today. It seems writing good songs has been replaced with bands who all want to sound as brutal as possible, which is a fine goal but meaningless if your songs sound like you just threw them together in 15 minutes while in the studio.

"You, bang that really fast! You, hit that one low bass note repeatedly! You, find two chords to switch back and forth between! I'll make some demon monkey noises over it and we've got our first five tracks done!" - That's what most bands sound like to me today.
Back to top Go down
tiredofsleep_2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
tiredofsleep_2012

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 am

Basically there is no passion or at least how it used to be where bands actually had to work there ass off.
Back to top Go down
geduliss
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
geduliss

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:30 am

it's those damn kids!!!
Back to top Go down
bizko

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

listen to Desyrel, you'll see metal is alive and well in some parts of the world. props to wedged.
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:40 pm

same thing happen to all music trends, not just metal, when something that has came from the underground up and starts getting big, a lot of new bands start trying to copy the style. seen it before, in the end, only a few bands remain active after the trend is over.
Back to top Go down
Lummel666
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Lummel666

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Limp bizkit is back though...... hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
https://roelvanrossum2.wixsite.com/liveurbansexxtribe
Shakezulah
Shakezulah

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen way, way more DevilDriver, Lamb of God, Chimaira, and Slayer merchandise at Hot Topic than I have any of those other bands.

Nothing's "happening" to metal, though. It's the same shit every few years. A new sub-genre will start to grow in popularity and many new similar sounding bands will come along. 5 years ago, you easily could've said the same things about Lamb of God and Chimaira. It happened with metalcore several years ago, and with nu-metal before it. Deathcore/grindcore is the current rising trend these days, and while I agree that most of that shit is fucking terrible, the bands you like haven't gone anywhere, you just won't hear about them as much in the mainstream.

I've found the Swedish metal scene to be far more reliable over the years. Bands like Soilwork, Darkane, Dark Tranquillity, Scar Symmetry, and a bunch of other European bands never go anywhere and they never disappoint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shakezulah
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 am

Devildriver, ST, Lamb of god, eyehategod, soulfly, sepultura, skinlab, slayer, Children of bodom, god forbid, weedeater, kylus, pantera, in flames, carcass, pantera, arch enemy, daath, the haunted, witchery, opeth, mower, corrosion of conformity, machine head, mastodon, and bongzilla. Those are the bands I listen too.
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:54 pm

I've never heard any of the new bands you mentioned in the first post.
I listen to the real metal stuff like Slayer, Iron Maiden, Soulfly, Trivium, Arch Enemy, CoB, etc.

These bands are still very popular in Poland, unlike the new crap. Polish metal fans know what's good ha ha Smile
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

youtube them, or I will for you. this is whitechapel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk1NLF23nRY and this is winds of the plague https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JX9VeL7n4
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:35 pm

I know the Singer in Scar symmetry Razz he's from my town! I used to work out at the same gym as him!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
wesfan25

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:05 pm

yeah limp bizkit is back but they not like they use to be.they aint shit without leathal.as for metal try warbringer they got that slayer feel to them thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
blackout

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Metal as genre is stuck, it can't evolve anymore....for me, the last 'metal revolution' was when nu-metal bands came out, also metalcore and deathcore bands have left traces on metal as genre.

Nowdays?
I don't see/hear any new shit, 'something' that could lift the scene.

I listen mainly underground hip hop but still watching, waiting for...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What hell is happening to metal   What hell is happening to metal Empty

Back to top Go down

What hell is happening to metal
Page 1 of 1