(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(hed)s music used in torture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zombified
Zombified

(hed)s music used in torture Empty
PostSubject: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm

I found this on the official forum. It's a little old, but I felt it was still news worthy.

Quote :
(CNN) -- A coalition of top musicians, including R.E.M. and Pearl Jam, want to know if their music was used by the U.S. military as part of controversial interrogation methods at the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The artists have endorsed a series of Freedom of Information Act requests, which were filed Thursday morning, asking the U.S. government to declassify documents that would reveal which artists' work was used on detainees at U.S. prison facilities and military detention centers, including the one at Guantanamo Bay.

Quote :
"It's very scary to think that you might go crazy because of the music, because of the loud noise," said Ruhal Ahmed, one of the former detainees who has filed a lawsuit. He said he had to listen to hours of headbanging music while held prisoner at Guantanamo in 2003.

Full story
List of artist
Back to top Go down
Zombified
Zombified

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:54 am

Does anyone besides me find this ironic?
Back to top Go down
geduliss
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
geduliss

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:34 am

hahaha Very Happy
this is out of this world ironic Smile
Wonder what songs those were... something from the early days i guess worked better as torture to the non-fan ear Smile

On the other hand HED might have some new fans...
Back to top Go down
lozz
Admin
Admin
lozz

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:22 am

Or not. Maybe something to do with them being locked up without trial and having all human rights being broken might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Zombified
Zombified

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:53 pm

geduliss wrote:
hahaha Very Happy
this is out of this world ironic Smile
Wonder what songs those were... something from the early days i guess worked better as torture to the non-fan ear Smile

On the other hand HED might have some new fans...

I guess think of I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!! looping screaming in your ear all day.
Back to top Go down
geduliss
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
geduliss

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:09 am

"Novur Ordus Clitorus" comes to mind Smile
i wonder if they used the part "I don't wanna go to Guantanamo Bay" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
avikid86
avikid86

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Yea I read about this awhile back, I can't remember the site but it had the songs used by the artist, the song they used for (Hed) was "Swan Dive".
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/avikid86
PhiliBIRD
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
PhiliBIRD

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:25 am

you can play any song too many times and it will become torture.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/philkillz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (hed)s music used in torture   (hed)s music used in torture Empty

Back to top Go down

(hed)s music used in torture
Page 1 of 1