(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12

Go down 
+9
titsclitsNbonghits
TYLER.2012
Gray Fox
(anonymous)
hed_2012
MadMadMan565
Broke2012
MADMANNe
Shakezulah
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Shakezulah
Shakezulah

Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 Empty
PostSubject: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 am

Last minute, my friend and I decided to go to this show tonight. We got there when a local band, called Sick Frown was playing. Really good and heavy rapcore, with vocal delivery that reminded me of old (hed). Next up was a Japanese metal band, called Supe (pronounced shoop) that ended up being awesome, and maybe even the highlight of the show. Then came on Straight Line Stitch, who I hadn't heard anything by previously, but ended up thoroughly enjoying, though most of their songs sound the same.

Finally, (hed) p.e. came on, with Jaxon in MH face paint. I was really hoping, since this was a metal tour, that they would be switching up their set and playing some heavy tunes. Boy was I wrong. I don't want to say it sucked, but....well...it sucked. A surprisingly short, weak set filled with the same half-played non-live-worthy songs as we've been seeing for last several years. If Jahred would just shut the fuck up and stop preaching his bullshit, they might even be able to fit in 3 more songs. But that doesn't happen. He just goes on and on, and the worst part is, is that 97% of the room keeps cheering him on and agreeing. I was getting immensely bored and fed up. The best part of their set is that they closed with Renegade. They actually played the whole thing, too! It's a fun song to hear live, but at that point, I was so pissed that I didn't care as much as I should've.

Mushroomhead came on, tore the fucking place up as usual. Even though I'm not a huge MH fan, I always love their live shows. The last song they played was long and really fucking heavy. It sounded like it might've been new, but I'm not completely sure. They mentioned that their next album is coming out in February.

Anyway, I cannot stress enough how dissapointed I am with (hed)'s performance. They are not a competent live act, and are no longer worth paying money to see. After B2BX came out, they started getting sloppy and literally half-assing it. Every time I see them, their shows get choppier and choppier, and leave me wondering why they keep doing this. They never play any songs that actually deserve to be heard live. When you favorite band at the show puts on, by far the least impressive performance, something's definately not right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shakezulah
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm

they really should update their songlist
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Broke2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

They HAVE to. they're playing the same shit for over 2 years now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/broke2012
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Why is it that theyd stop updating after their worst CD.
They made an awesome CD after Insomnia, why not take advantage of it

Hah, i'm kinda pissed that I paid 30 dollars for a ticket now..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 am

Madman, god damn! I get so frustrated when people say shit like this- 'Hah, i'm kinda pissed that I paid 30 dollars for a ticket now..' I know you were kidding though. Ha. Grrrr!

It reflects the fact that you're given the opportunity to see (hed) quite often. So lucky.

Wish they'd come back down to Aus. They've been down my end twice in the last 10 years.

MH kick ass.

Shame about (hed)

Not altogether surprised though. Thanks for the review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
Shakezulah
Shakezulah

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Luckily I didn't have to pay. The friend I went with paid for both tickets since I paid for his ticket to an Ill Nino show a year and a half ago, haha.

Here's the setlist they played that night

Live or Die Free
Madhouse (I'm not sure why they played that)
Not Ded Yet (the first 15 seconds of it)
Habeus
Sophia
Killing Time (only the first half, after which I yelled "FINISH THE FUCKING SONG!")
A portion of some Sublime cover
The Truth (with the usual 5 minutes of Jahred talking before the last part of the song)
Raise Hell (only the first third of the song)
A portion of some Bob Marley cover
Let's Ride (only through the first chorus)
Renegade

So yeah, as you can see....horrible set list. Where the hell is Bloodfire, Planet X, Ordo, Walk On By, Suffa? Where's more old shit? Where the fuck are the songs that people actually want to hear when they go to see you? Usually when you put out a new album and tour, you play songs FROM THAT ALBUM to support it. Someone needs to remind (hed) what it means to put on a good fucking show.
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm

It makes no sense, making shows like the one you described won't make them gain new fans as it doesn't even make current fans very happy.

I was dissapointed that apparently they're not coming to Europe this year but now I don't regret it that much...

And what's the deal with not singing full songs...? Laziness...???
Back to top Go down
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 pm

actually ive never seen them preform habeus so that will actually be kind of a highlight when i see them wednesday
Back to top Go down
Shakezulah
Shakezulah

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 am

You know what, it was actually Game Over they played, not Habeus. I don't listen to either enough to remember which one is which. I don't think they played that song all the way through either.
Back to top Go down
TYLER.2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
TYLER.2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 am

they have played the same set all three times but they played all the songs all the way through except 4 this one time out of three they didn't play madhouse all the way through one point i would love to bring up is the fact that they have been on tour almost nonstop sense insomnia. they have definitely been on tour for the greater majority of 09' and as a person who sees them as out of place on the tour i was thinking maybe they aren't putting much effort in to this tour at all. however i have not in fact seen them on this tour for my self so i can't say much but another thing to look at is the drummer they have switched again and i think if they get a solid drummer record an album with that drummer the set list will change another thing is they would have to make some adjustments to make the songs live and there are after all 2 new songs on the set list so maybe it will be a very gradual change you know with all the practice they have to put in to it
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/tas_17
titsclitsNbonghits
n00b
titsclitsNbonghits

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Horrible setlist!!! Just think I'm going to see them tomorrow night in VA then wed in PA. Man, i should've saved my money!
Back to top Go down
Chizase2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Chizase2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:58 pm

No Shit! I'm goin to the VA show tomorrow also. But yeah, that setlist fuckin sucks. Oh well, its been 2 years since I've seen (hed) live, and it will be my first time seeing Mushroomhead, who I'm most excited to see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pcm1991
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:32 pm

and im goin to the allentown show wednesday see u ther homie
Back to top Go down
jhdeity
n00b

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:52 pm

This is the setlist from last night in Towson, MD. Much better but still too much banter. Need to add Suffa and CBC and I would have been happy.

Live Or Die Free
Madhouse
Not Ded Yet
Game Over
Sophia
Peer Pressure X 2
Killing Time
The Truth
Waiting To Die
Garden Grove
Stir It Up
Raise Hell
Represent
Lets Ride
Renegade
Back to top Go down
hedfan1
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
hedfan1

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Well, I am also going to the VA show at Jaxx and I hope they put on something decent... I got 3 people who have never been to a (hed) show before and I was kind of hoping they would play to impress... This will be 13-14-15th show for me, something like that. I really hope I can break loose at this show, life has been pretty shitty lately and I need a release. Since I'm hunting for a job my other release has had to take a back seat so...

I hope, Ordo, Planet X, Bloodfire, Parts of Get Ready, Some Insomnia, some Only in America and maybe a Broke or ST song would be nice.

I agree, hope there is less banter and more hed banging to be had tonight!

I be the the one with a big scar on his right leg, (from a recent Motorcycle Accident) and maybe my Old Blue Bartender Shirt from 2000, we'll see...

Like I said, I got 3 new potential fans coming with tonight and if they come away dissapointed in their show, I'm gonna feel fuckin shitty about talking up (hed) so much to them...

They use to be a great fucking live show, and I just want that again tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
Gray Fox
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Gray Fox

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 am

they put on a great show the times i seen em its just a shame that its always the same fuckin setlist. i swear its somethin with subnoize cuz kmk does the same thing.
Back to top Go down
hedfan1
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
hedfan1

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 am

Well Just got back, I'm a little drunk still but the show was fucking great! It was that same shit but the show was still fuking awsome!!! I was hoping for some NWO stuff but they never reallygot to it... It was mostly Insomnia stuff and some older shit. I drank down the jager like water as well as some budweisers' so I got pretty drunk before the (hed) but I came away exhausted! Mushroomhead played after Straightline Stich which was after Supe... Supe was frackin awesome! I got the 2 CD's for 20 and split it with a buddy of mine. Overall I was very happy with the show, very glad hed came last but mshroomhead was fracking awesome! Te new masks were a bit out there but still fucking great show! Sorry I'm a bit piss drunk so I'll stop rambling but maybe a longer review tomorrow after I come out of my (hed) coma...
Back to top Go down
Chizase2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Chizase2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 am

I also just got back from the Jaxx show, OMG! It was fuckin insane, this was my 3rd time seeing (hed) and I must say that this was my favorite show out of all of them. Before the doors opened, Trauma was walking around everywhere, I waved to him and he waved back!

The first band was a local band called Sordid, they were actually pretty good.

Next was another local band called GI9, they were okay. After their performance, I met Waylon, awesome dude.

After that was Supe, they were FUCKIN AWESOME!!!! After their awesome live performance, I headed to the restroom, while I was on my way over there, I ran into Trauma and shook his hand, I also met Jeffrey Nothing. OMG! I couldn't believe this was happening, I met (hed)'s drummer and the 2 vocalists of Mushroomhead

Then it was Straight Line Stitch, they weren't bad, but definately not great.

Up next was Mushroomhead, they fuckin KILLED IT!!! Even though I didn't like their new masks, they blew me away with their live performance.
I believe their set list was like this:
Kill Tommorow
12 Hundred
Bwomp
Before I Die
Save Us/Embrace The Ending
Sun Doesn't Rise
Simple Survival
Damage Done
Empty Spaces/Born Of Desire

After Mushroomhead's amazing live performance, I got to meet the singer of Straight Line Stitch and half of Supe.

And now it was time for the headliner, (hed)p.e.
as usual, they had a shitty set list and Jahred ranted on stage alot about political bullshit and told some stupid jokes. But as a huge (hed) fan, I'll admit I kinda enjoyed it. Funny story, Jahred got mad at some guy in the crowd and told him to get out, and that guy actually got kicked out.
setlist:
Live Or Die Free
Madhouse
Not Ded Yet
Game Over(verse 1)
Sophia
Peer Pressure(twice)
Killing Time(even though they didn't perform the whole song which pissed me off)
The Truth
Raise Hell
Waiting To Die
Garden Grove
Game Over(verse 2)
Represent
Stir It Up
Renegade

After the show was the best part of my whole night, I FINALLY got the chance to meet Jahred.
Back to top Go down
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
ivan

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 am

well, talk about meeting him!
Back to top Go down
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:53 am

Yeah so what'd he say dude???

Who is this Supe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
Chizase2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Chizase2012

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 am

After they played Renegade, the show was over and Jahred headed over to the merchandise booth to sign some shit, he was stopped by some people and I was one of them. When I stopped him he said "what's up dude?", and I was excited I was like "I'm a big fan, you're like an idol to me, its so good to finally meet you" and he just says "thanks man, god bless you" and that was pretty much it.

Supe is a band from Japan, in fact they toured with (hed) during their Japan tour in February.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12   Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL  8/12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hed To Head Tour, Mokena, IL 8/12
Page 1 of 1