Next album discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 am

Dude I agree with experimentation and (hed) have pulled off everything but that genre but really, country? That's like the only genre I would not want to see (hed) do. Although when you said harmonica and fiddle and banjo it made it sound heaps cooler!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 am

LOL I was mostly joking about it.

But, if they did a song with the vibe that Villebillies got going on, i imagine it could sound cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:16 am

Harmonica, fiddle, banjo and Jared going nuts on the mic. That'd definitely be interesting!
Back to top Go down
Zombified

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:26 pm

(hed) should experiment with some tribal music. From different cultures all over the world.

MadMadMan565 wrote:
LOL I was mostly joking about it.

But, if they did a song with the vibe that Villebillies got going on, i imagine it could sound cool
lol! Get ready is probably the closes to country tunes well ever hear.
Do you mean southern rock?

Zombified

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 am

Bump.
For the new album I want hed to push their potential and live up to the high expectations the fans here have.

Maikoes

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:10 pm

We're getting the same crap, seeing as how the last two albums (and NWO especially) sold well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 pm

if hed albums are predictable then we should expect more funk/trumped styles and also more dead kennedys style songs. but i dont think anyone can predict whats goin' to happen next. also, there are always many different styles on a hed album so "the same crap" doesn't apply anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:35 am

I find this subject interesting.

I can't assuredly say where (hed) will turn next.

I'm under the impression that (hed) will lose quite a hefty chunk of their fan base if they don't change it up a bit. I love N.W.O but I think the fans are expecting something different. Hopefully that's what we get.

This is a tough thing for me to say but I'd rather see (hed) try something extremely unique ala Self Aware and fail and fall than see them rehash an Insomnia/N.W.O cocktail.

All of their ambitious genre bending material ends up gold. It seems (hed) shine the most when they take risks.
Back to top Go down
i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am

i totally agree man! plus I'm pretty optimistic about them not starting to just clone the successful stuff. an insomnia/NWO cocktail is pretty unimaginable to me cuz there are too many genres on those two albums to mash em up and not have something new. take "dont let me down", "children" and "Tienanman Squared" from Insomnia and "bloodfire", "flesh and blood", "tow the line", "hey now" and "this love" from NWO for example. pretty hard to categorize at least two of those into one categorie. oh, and i forgot "planet x", how awesome and new is the giutar-line on that?
personally i hope they lose the garage-punk part or at least reduce its abundance.
I again totally agree to you sayin u'd rather see them try and fail then redo established stuff. thats the (hed) way to go. renew or die tryin' Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 pm

i want more reggae/dub!!!

and a little reggaeton wouldnt hurt, they would pull it off perfectly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maikoes

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:17 pm

i.never.run wrote:
if hed albums are predictable then we should expect more funk/trumped styles and also more dead kennedys style songs. but i dont think anyone can predict whats goin' to happen next. also, there are always many different styles on a hed album so "the same crap" doesn't apply anyway.

Well, then we get the same crap in different styles. Wink

NWO is the only Hed album I only listened to once, maybe twice. I totally hate it, and think it's garbage. I get the feeling instead of Subnoize artists being influenced by Hed, Hed is being influenced by the Subnoize thrash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Maikoes wrote:
i.never.run wrote:

NWO is the only Hed album I only listened to once, maybe twice. I totally hate it, and think it's garbage. I get the feeling instead of Subnoize artists being influenced by Hed, Hed is being influenced by the Subnoize thrash.

Honestly? Subnoize may be influencing their promotion, and a lot of other things...but to say their artists are influencing HED? The vast majority of artists on Subnoize suck (I apologize if others think different), and the experimentation they did on NWO could not have been influenced by any artist on that label. Self Aware, Planet X, Bloodfire, Everything All The Time, all examples of songs I cant possibly see HED being influenced by Subnoize acts, other than themselves. Unless you mean the lyrics, where as even that is stretching it.

And you cant listen to an album once, and say it's garbage. If I had listened to B2BX once and based it off of that, I wouldnt have ever listened again.
Now it's one of my fav albums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
Zombified

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 pm

i.never.run wrote:
I could point out similar sounding/style songs from insomnia to nwo. There's nothing major though.
On insomnia they stole some beats from other artist.

i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 pm

@zombified: thats doesnt oppose to anything i said.

i heavily agree to MadMadMan565.

we could also start a game of predicting a/the new direction hed is gonna take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geduliss
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 am

what i would like from the new album is a new label Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elgringoloco
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 am

they gon put out whatever they want to, either you like it or you dont...its like saying "oh I want that KoRn return to their old style..."crybabies

its NEVER going to happen, cause hed changed their members and they will never do something like they did with chizad and wesstyle cause they are a totally different band now with new members that make other music and influence the band in whole other way.

if you dont like it,ok but stop crying for something thats long gone in the past...

I personally like the old a lot more too, but thats how it goes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:35 pm

who talked about the old stuff again? kinda misses that topic apparently....maybe over crying... who knows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zombified

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:54 pm

i.never.run wrote:
@zombified: thats doesnt oppose to anything i said.
Ah, I was just rambling.
elgringoloco wrote:
they gon put out whatever they want to, either you like it or you dont...its like saying "oh I want that KoRn return to their old style..."crybabies

its NEVER going to happen, cause hed changed their members and they will never do something like they did with chizad and wesstyle cause they are a totally different band now with new members that make other music and influence the band in whole other way.

if you dont like it,ok but stop crying for something thats long gone in the past...

I personally like the old a lot more too, but thats how it goes...
We all know the old sounds aren't coming back. They wouldn't even with the original members. Hed is lazy with it now they only show how amazing they are on some songs and not all. Use the album polls as an example. On the new albums every one groups up and votes for two or three different songs. With the older stuff its a much more diverse poll.

elgringoloco
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Lets just hope they do a new fresh thing, and hey well I liked the subnoize albums so far, not all songs are good but they all do have some pretty amazing songs, lets ride, walk on by, renegade etc.

I would love to see a feature with someone other than a subnoize artist, a feature with mushroomhead would be interesting I guess, or at least an other metalartist.

what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:47 pm

i don't need no featuring artists, i want some inspiration. and i am optimistic. for example i want some more of the "hey now" action.
zombified is right, they got a bit lazy with some songs, that may be due to the high output rate. i dont know. i'm just gonna wait whats happenin, then i'm going to complain or compliment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maikoes

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 pm

MadMadMan565 wrote:
Maikoes wrote:
i.never.run wrote:

Honestly? Subnoize may be influencing their promotion, and a lot of other things...but to say their artists are influencing HED? The vast majority of artists on Subnoize suck (I apologize if others think different), and the experimentation they did on NWO could not have been influenced by any artist on that label. Self Aware, Planet X, Bloodfire, Everything All The Time, all examples of songs I cant possibly see HED being influenced by Subnoize acts, other than themselves. Unless you mean the lyrics, where as even that is stretching it.

And you cant listen to an album once, and say it's garbage. If I had listened to B2BX once and based it off of that, I wouldnt have ever listened again.
Now it's one of my fav albums.

Self Aware starts good, then you get this:

Fuck me? No fuck you.
You gon murder me no i'm gon murder you!
Hate me? Now I hate you,
respect me or I won’t respect you!

I mean WTF? Shocked

Agree, I like Planet X. Bloodfire is crap (heard it a hundred times on B2BX and Insomnia). It was good on B2BX, now it just gets old. Everything all the Time is meh. It has some nice lyrics, but it's just like Stepping Stone. Some nice lyrics, mixed with some really, really horrible ones. I mean in Stepping Stones, why is this part in the lyrics?

ain’t a god damn slacker, or an under-achiever
I’m a warrior, I’m an anarchist
Fuck authority, fuck the world, FUCK YOU BITCH!
Yeah fuck the police, fuck the rich, ha
Fuck that pussy emo shit
Those little faggots suck so much dick, it makes me sick (haha)

It doesn't have anything to with the whole goddamn subject! Not only that, it's really terrible writing. "Suck so much dick, it makes me sick", please.

Maybe it's because Jahred isn't depressed anymore (like he said in some interviews) that the lyrics and the subjects that he rhymes about have gone into the drain. If that's the case, then I hope Jahred keeps writing terrible lyrics (don't want to see anyone depressed).

And the way the album sounds? It's just like Insomnia with 10 more tracks (which isn't a good thing). Shocked

BTW ;; I don't have to listen to an album ten times to actually like it. It's like a Britney Spears album. Even when I've listenend to it once, I know I won't like the album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Maikoes wrote:
BTW ;; I don't have to listen to an album ten times to actually like it. It's like a Britney Spears album. Even when I've listenend to it once, I know I won't like the album.
hed is still musically complex enough to do stuff u are not able to perceive on the first time listening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maikoes

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 pm

i.never.run wrote:
Maikoes wrote:
hed is still musically complex enough to do stuff u are not able to perceive on the first time listening.

I disagree, how is it complex?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.never.run
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 pm

i wont lecture, all i can tell u: listen to every record more than once or twice, u will discover stuff u did not here the first time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maikoes

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:09 pm

i.never.run wrote:
i wont lecture, all i can tell u: listen to every record more than once or twice, u will discover stuff u did not here the first time.

So what you mean is you can't even back up your statement?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next album discussion   

Back to top Go down

Next album discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next