(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last House On The Left (remake)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

Last House On The Left (remake) Empty
PostSubject: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 pm

So is anyone as excited as I am to see this?
I know that a lot of times, classics are fucked up by remakes
But, this movie looks fucking amazing

For those who dont know what the original is about:

Future Nightmare creator and Scream weaver Wes Craven's film debut is a primitive little production that rises above its cut-rate production values and hazy, grainy patina via its grimly affecting portrait of human evil infiltrating a middle-class household. The story is adapted from Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring, but the film has more in common with Sam Peckinpah's Straw Dogs as it charts the descent of a harmless married couple into methodical killers. A quartet of criminals--a distorted version of the nuclear family--kidnaps a pair of teenage girls and proceeds to ravage, rape, torture, and finally brutally murder them in the woods, unwittingly within walking distance of their rural home. The killers take refuge in the girls' own home, but when the parents discover just who they are and what they've done, they plot violent retribution.

The original was very very very graphic, it had rape, disembowlment scenes, and a scene where one of the murderers dick is bit off LOL

The remake already seems different, with the daughter surviving, and it probably wont be as graphic (who woulda thought?) but it still looks amazing

After kidnapping and brutally assaulting two young women, a gang led by a prison escapee (Dillahunt) unknowingly finds refuge at a vacation home belonging the parents of one of the victims -- a mother (Potter) and father (Goldwyn) who devise an increasingly gruesome series of revenge tactics

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Looks dope dude. Nice post. Really well produced trailer. I love a good horror. I saw the old school version about a year back. It had a nice premise but I felt it was completely ruined with corny dialogue and a lame ass soundtrack. The acting didn't help either, so maybe this is a chance for the movie to redeem itself. Am I excited? You just got me excited. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:08 am

hed_2012 wrote:
Looks dope dude. Nice post. Really well produced trailer. I love a good horror. I saw the old school version about a year back. It had a nice premise but I felt it was completely ruined with corny dialogue and a lame ass soundtrack. The acting didn't help either, so maybe this is a chance for the movie to redeem itself. Am I excited? You just got me excited. Cheers.

Dude I agree with everything you just said. For one, about the original. The plot is so well thought out, but so many things made it not as good...and this is a chance for it to redeem itself.

And about the trailer, I was just telling someone that I thought it was one of the best trailers i've seen for a movie. The Sweet Child O' Mine song makes it seem so eery and creepy. It gives a lot away, like the fact that Mary survives...but other then that, it looks fantastic, both trailer and the movie.

WOOOOOO lol i'm excited
Back to top Go down
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:04 am

Agreed bro. But sure Mary survived up to a certain point. She could still die. Only time will tell Madmadman. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
MadMadMan565
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:56 am

I just got back from seeing this. I just have to say...ah-fucking-mazing. I loved ever minute of it. It's so well put together, and throughout the movie events take place that provide more and more support to why you should feel a certain way towards some of the characters. The first half of the movie successfully makes you fucking hate Krug and his crew. Their personalities, and the awful things they do to two cops, and then Mary and her friend Paige. They show no mercy at all, and when they are torturing the girls, it gets to you. It makes you want to take a gun yourself and put it to Krug's head. And you continue to see evidence of the awful human beings they are, when Krug treats his own damn son like a piece of shit.

Then the second half of the movie, unfolds and successfully makes it believable to how the parents could find out that the guests they have let have done something truly horrible to their daughter...and by this time, you already want the crew to fucking die a painful long drawn out death...so you are rooting on the parents before they even begin to do anything. It pissed me off a little before they found out what happened, they were being all nice to the criminals, the dad even helped one of the criminals, Frances, with a broken nose (John the dad is a doctor).

Throughout the movie I looked away a little, but I could pretty much handle the rape, the beating and all that...but when the dad found Mary, and could tell she had been raped, I felt queezy in the bottom of my stomach...I dont know, it was just sad. Anyways, you root on the parents the whole second half of the movie, and its weird because they dont hold back at all, they are brutal to the criminals, and yety ou dont feel bad at all, not one single bit.

The girl in the crew, Sadie, was an annoying twat. Her fait wasnt all that great, I wish she had a more drawn out beating. But it was quick.

I loved how they brought out the fact that even people such as doctors, and nice caring people, can become cruel and gruesome when forced to because of a loved one, or against someone who has hurt a loved one. It shows truly how evil one can get to extract revenge.

Anyways, I loved this movie. I recomend it to everrrrone.
Back to top Go down
PhiliBIRD
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
PhiliBIRD

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Looks great. Good story line
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/philkillz
Kirby
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

Ah-Fucking-Mazing = Defined this movie,.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kirbythealmighty.blogspot.com
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 am

Man I don't know.

Saw it tonight and I feel like it fell a little short of the mark. Had it's moments but...for me this is going down as just another horror movie...Shame because the concept has so much potential. I don't reckon the director gave the script justice.

I love Krug's son. He was very well cast. I don't think anyone could do a better job than that guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last House On The Left (remake)   Last House On The Left (remake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Last House On The Left (remake)
Page 1 of 1