HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How did you find HED?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LoFa
Member
avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 28
Location : St. Louis, Mizzery

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Heard like two of their songs on the Madden sountrack right around the time Blackout was released. I copped that shit a little bit later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/hellspit06
Chizase2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:07 am

First time I heard hed was in 2003 when I was 11, I rented the video game MVP Baseball 2003 and the song "Blackout" was on it, I really liked the song. In 2004, I heard the song on the radio and the dj said it was by a band called hed p.e. and a day after that, I was flippin through some music choice channels and "Killing Time" was on the metal channel and I loved it, so I went on some music website and listened to more of their shit and I loved what I was hearing, been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pcm1991
Crazy_hed
Renegade
Renegade


Posts : 79
Join date : 2008-12-17
Age : 25
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:42 am

Shit I don't even remember...

I think I was looking for similar artists to Marilyn Manson about the time Broke was released, and the song Waiting To Die came up...so I listened to it...at first I was like lol wtf is this...but then I kept listening and it grew on me and now they're my second favorite band.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alexanderjamesgintner
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 25
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:20 am

similar to marilyn manson?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/broke2012
TYLER.2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:19 am

Broke2012 wrote:
Represent on the radio?!

xm radio is a special type of radio in america that u pay for each month and it plays uncensored music of all types of bands from all over
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/tas_17
gimmehed
Renegade
Renegade


Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Flo-Rida

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:11 am

I remember it like yesterday.

A chick and I used to flow each other demos, mixtapes and local underground music...me in Florida and her in Cali.

What do you think she slipped me? Church of Realities.

I heard Hangman and tripped out.

Been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SDRenegade
n00b


Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:57 am

Found them back in '99 my bro popped the self titled cd in my pinto station wagon and been my fave band ever since. Been feelin all there music for ten years now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/getdirtyindustries1
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 25
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 am

gimmehed wrote:
I remember it like yesterday.

A chick and I used to flow each other demos, mixtapes and local underground music...me in Florida and her in Cali.

What do you think she slipped me? Church of Realities.

I heard Hangman and tripped out.

Been a fan ever since.


yehh, Hangman... that's one of the best songs (hed) ever made
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/broke2012
WakeUpHate
Member


Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 am

I found them in 2000 or something when Jonathan Davis said something about them in an online chat and i decided to check them out. Been in love with hed ever since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DOW-Kid
n00b


Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:01 pm

back 2 years ago, i got a Kerrang! and i always look through album reviews, i read all of them, anyway, this was around when insomnia was released and it had a crap review, didn't listen to them until a few months later when i was watching scuzz just before we left for holiday and blackout came on and i LOVED it, though didn't hear anything for another few months when i saw insomnia in HMV, i decided to buy it, before i remembered that it was given a shitty review by K!, several weks (or maybe it was days) later, and i decided to stick it into my cd player, loved every song on the album and listened to it non-stop for months, then got sick and tired of mirrorballin and wind me up, then several more months later bough s/t and loved itt XD
went off (hed) for a short while this year but i'm back into them now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lozz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2008-12-14
Location : Racoon City, UK.

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Kerrapp! Sold out pre teen nothingness. That mag really has gone down the shitter. The idea is to buy the records it gives shit reviews and avoid the ones it likes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shakezulah
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 319
Join date : 2008-12-19
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:38 pm

DOW-Kid wrote:
back 2 years ago, i got a Kerrang! and i always look through album reviews, i read all of them, anyway, this was around when insomnia was released and it had a crap review, didn't listen to them until a few months later when i was watching scuzz just before we left for holiday and blackout came on and i LOVED it, though didn't hear anything for another few months when i saw insomnia in HMV, i decided to buy it, before i remembered that it was given a shitty review by K!, several weks (or maybe it was days) later, and i decided to stick it into my cd player, loved every song on the album and listened to it non-stop for months, then got sick and tired of mirrorballin and wind me up, then several more months later bough s/t and loved itt XD
went off (hed) for a short while this year but i'm back into them now

Your story is very ironic, considering that Insomnia deserved all of its crappy reviews.
Kerrang is definately a shitty mag, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/shakezulah
SPANinc
Member
avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2009-01-26
Age : 37
Location : Newy, Australia

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:11 am

I was 17 (1997) and a mate was always onto rare underground shit. Gave me a listen to (hed) p.e. Selt Titled CD and that was it - listened to that cd everyday for about 3-4 months.

It became my summer soundtrack - I'd listen to it while skating, before surfing during and after school, any chance i got really.

Hunted down as much info as I could - back then there wasn't much on the internet (no forums or wikipedia). Managed to get a few COR songs, then Broke as an import and saw the original crew in Sydney on the Broke Tour (best fucking show of my life).

Been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy_factor
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2008-12-17
Age : 30
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:18 am

SPANinc wrote:
I was 17 (1997) and a mate was always onto rare underground shit. Gave me a listen to (hed) p.e. Selt Titled CD and that was it - listened to that cd everyday for about 3-4 months.

It became my summer soundtrack - I'd listen to it while skating, before surfing during and after school, any chance i got really.

Hunted down as much info as I could - back then there wasn't much on the internet (no forums or wikipedia). Managed to get a few COR songs, then Broke as an import and saw the original crew in Sydney on the Broke Tour (best fucking show of my life).

Been hooked ever since.

i missed that by 1 or 2 years wasn't old enough. would have been filf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPANinc
Member
avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2009-01-26
Age : 37
Location : Newy, Australia

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

andy_factor wrote:
SPANinc wrote:
I was 17 (1997) and a mate was always onto rare underground shit. Gave me a listen to (hed) p.e. Selt Titled CD and that was it - listened to that cd everyday for about 3-4 months.

It became my summer soundtrack - I'd listen to it while skating, before surfing during and after school, any chance i got really.

Hunted down as much info as I could - back then there wasn't much on the internet (no forums or wikipedia). Managed to get a few COR songs, then Broke as an import and saw the original crew in Sydney on the Broke Tour (best fucking show of my life).

Been hooked ever since.

i missed that by 1 or 2 years wasn't old enough. would have been filf.

aye, it was. at The Metro and was nice and dingy. flat out for the whole thing with only a few stops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2009-02-01
Age : 37
Location : Guatemala

PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:10 am

ive read the thank you's on several cds (korn, coal chamber) but because of my location (and internet was almos no existent at the time) it was hard for me to get new music

saw the video for ground on mtv (i live in Guatemala, and mtv latin america used to play heavy shit at midnite) and fucking blowed my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How did you find HED?   

Back to top Go down
 
How did you find HED?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Find A Grave.com
» The Funeral of Jimi Hendrix, Miles was there.
» Phil keaggy
» DJ Kenny - Cultural Lovers Rock 13
» SNOW DAY!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(Hed)P.E. Online :: (Hed)P.E. :: (Hed)P.E. Discussion-
Jump to: