HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

As much as I love Hed PE..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lynskey

PostSubject: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm

I am beginnging to find all this New World Order stuff a little tedious, it's pretty obsesive in there new album and at times very upsetting. I recently read up on the NWO watching videos etc. everyone I have asked about it say's it's a load of Bollox, I'm really considering deleting Hed from my ipod as it's justplain creepy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gearhead87

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm

GTFO n00b....

No really though...

In all honesty, I'm sick of hearing it too... but Hed is still making some great music, and until that stops, I'm still gonna be listening. I've also learned to listen to alot more than just the lyrics, and that's really opened my eyes to their true talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lynskey

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm

I really love the music, but all the NWO shit is creeping me out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

creeping you out, why is it creeping you out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/broke2012
lynskey

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:01 pm

It's just obsessive and another crackpot conspiracy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gearhead87

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

You dont agree that the government is trying to control the freedoms of the citizens?

If you dont, just look up "Photo radar cameras in AZ" and you'll see why I believe it more and more every day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lynskey

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:09 pm

not im not on about tedious little things like that.

I mean the shit like all the 2012, DUMB, aliens etc shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TYLER.2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:26 pm

2012 is very real. youll see. and who said aliens couldnt be real? dinosaurs existed this universe is so mysterious u have no idea what the fuck could be out there u have no idea aliens have been talked about since the first humans have been around,in art and scriptures. nothing is impossible u are just trained to think the shit is crazy and couldnt be real but thats the fear in you just keep an open mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/tas_17
andy_factor
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:57 am

I also believe that we are not alone in this universe and in fact that we have been visited several (if not countless) times. BUT THEY ARE ONLY BELIEFS.
I have done enough research into the matter (UFO disclosure most recently), which is what has tipped me in the 'believer' direction, but I admit that there is no hard evidence that undeniably proves the existence of aliens or UFOs, so can understand the amount of skepticism that exists.

2012 is a different story, I want to believe that there will be some deep change in the human consciousness and in some ways I do. But I feel there is not adequate knowledge out there there to prove that its one way or another. 2012 really is one of those things where 'we'll just have to wait and see' as I don't believe any person has a definitive answer on the matter and it's more natural to just see how the whole thing unfolds, that to romanticize some great event that still may never occur.

Anyway back to the point. I like the fact that (hed) p.e. talks about this stuff. Because I think someone has to. Although sometimes their will be a mention of a reptilian, planet x or 2012 (more out there subject matter) - the large majority is about rebelling against the new world order (or the powers that seek to control your life) which is a very real problem that humanity faces. The fact that the band has begun to talk about this stuff is amazing in my opinion. It takes major balls to write songs about something that people might might consider you a loony conspiracy nut for.

I find this subject matter inspiring, uplifting, incredibly interesting, mind broadening and sometimes depressing (I can't say the same for the rape raps, I agree completely on that part). It has helped me to begin some eye opening research into the new world order and just how shady the government really is. I have (hed) to thank for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shakezulah

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:01 am

andy_factor wrote:

Anyway back to the point. I like the fact that (hed) p.e. talks about this stuff. Because I think someone has to. Although sometimes their will be a mention of a reptilian, planet x or 2012 (more out there subject matter) - the large majority is about rebelling against the new world order (or the powers that seek to control your life) which is a very real problem that humanity faces. The fact that the band has begun to talk about this stuff is amazing in my opinion. It takes major balls to write songs about something that people might might consider you a loony conspiracy nut for.

I find this subject matter inspiring, uplifting, incredibly interesting, mind broadening and sometimes depressing (I can't say the same for the rape raps, I agree completely on that part). It has helped me to begin some eye opening research into the new world order and just how shady the government really is. I have (hed) to thank for that.

But writing ENTIRE albums based on these subjects alone is going a bit overboard, no? I think S/T is the perfect example of how to mix together various topics and issues. I don't disagree that it's interesting to hear, but it gets old very fast when that and sex are the only topics being addressed. It's not very satisfying musically, and it becomes too preachy after awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/shakezulah
andy_factor
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 am

Shakezulah wrote:
andy_factor wrote:

But writing ENTIRE albums based on these subjects alone is going a bit overboard, no? I think S/T is the perfect example of how to mix together various topics and issues. I don't disagree that it's interesting to hear, but it gets old very fast when that and sex are the only topics being addressed. It's not very satisfying musically, and it becomes too preachy after awhile.

I agree that it can become a bit tiresome at times, definitely. But obviously they aren't going to stop doing it in the foreseeable future, so I guess it's up to personal taste whether they continue to listen to and be a fan of the music. I know I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Russ
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:56 am

Stop people!!! The new album is dope so why all the fuss???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:11 pm

who doesn't believe there is life SOMEWHERE in the galaxy is a fucking retard

no offence to anyone...
Back to top Go down
lozz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Music should be able to express things such as conspricacys. I am sick and tired of people saying "crackpot conspiracies". (hed) aren't exactly the best source of knowledge but some of the conspiracies they talk about can be explained better and have a large backing of intellectuals behind them.

We are always told that its only loonies that support conspiracies such as 9/11 being an inside job, but thats bullshit. The only people which actually realise that it couldn't have just been a plane crash were experts in demolition/expolsions, Scientists, etc. etc.

And anyway even if everything talked about wasn't real, whats wrong with that. I listen to music in order to get away from real-life not be constantly reminded of it. Even though some lyrics and thoughts I disagree with its nice to get a different perspective.

Anyway thats just my 2 cents on things...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(mat) p.e.
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Yeah I don't find any of the things they talk about irritating in fact sometimes I like hearing about them. I like hearing about the things they talk about so I can look the stuff up and learn about it plus I've always had the same thoughts in my mind that they talk about in their music. I'm not talking about the raping women stuff though haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scythenlantern
n00b

PostSubject: yes, BS   Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:17 pm

not only am i sick of the NWO shit (though i believe in a lot of it), i think that the "informing the masses" part of it is giving jahred an excuse to write shitty lyrics. i mean, some of them suck. i can write the shit that he comes up with AND better faster than you can say NWO sucks. they are not clever.. they are blatantly obvious bullshit. the ideas are there, the message is there, but they are not artfully scripted. even the music seems like that.. songs are underdeveloped. oldschool hed pe was still gangster, AND it was witty. there was some substance there. i think insomnia and this album have basically bombed in my eyes. that's me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy_factor
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:19 am

scythenlantern wrote:
not only am i sick of the NWO shit (though i believe in a lot of it), i think that the "informing the masses" part of it is giving jahred an excuse to write shitty lyrics. i mean, some of them suck. i can write the shit that he comes up with AND better faster than you can say NWO sucks. they are not clever.. they are blatantly obvious bullshit. the ideas are there, the message is there, but they are not artfully scripted. even the music seems like that.. songs are underdeveloped. oldschool hed pe was still gangster, AND it was witty. there was some substance there. i think insomnia and this album have basically bombed in my eyes. that's me.

Not all of the songs are that badly written on the album man. there are some fantastically written songs on NWO both musically and lyrically (though there are enough crap granted). But all in all i think we can all agree NWO is an improvement on Insomnia (in every way) which will hopefully be a continuing trend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WTD*
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 pm

i just dont understand how people say these lyrics are weird or creepy compared to COR. i mean a 16min track containing a whole radio show about aliens, uFOs and more? tht was more creepy than this hahaha.

just take everything they say with a smile and use ur brain to figure out what makes sense to u personally and what doesnt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TYLER.2012
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:44 am

WTD* wrote:
i just dont understand how people say these lyrics are weird or creepy compared to COR. i mean a 16min track containing a whole radio show about aliens, uFOs and more? tht was more creepy than this hahaha. .

BAHHAAHAAHAHA
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/tas_17
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 am

TYLER.2012 wrote:
WTD* wrote:
i just dont understand how people say these lyrics are weird or creepy compared to COR. i mean a 16min track containing a whole radio show about aliens, uFOs and more? tht was more creepy than this hahaha. .

BAHHAAHAAHAHA

haha, WTD you're prolly right...
Back to top Go down
b0b_hollywood

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Shakezulah wrote:
andy_factor wrote:

I read an article the other day that said in 2012 scientists believe that the sun will be emitting very strong electro magnetic pulses. The sun does this in very often usually aren't as strong as they are predicting in 2012. This happened a while ago and what it does is it can knock out power to whole cities/states. It did this to I believe vancouver or some other province in Canada a few years ago. They are predicting that the electro magnetic pulses in 2012 could be strong enough to knock out power to the whole world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

that's right b0b

i wander what will happen
Back to top Go down
WTD*
Renegade
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:37 pm

said it before, but seems like i ll hav to put it out there again...remember hed is also a band tryin to make a lil money to live from. i wouldnt dare to say jahred or anyone else in the band doesnt believe 100% in what is being said in some of the songs but it just gets people talking u kno. sooo many peeps are ryding tht NWO bandwagon at the moment... it just works. u shudnt take every word for gold is what i m sayin. just take it with an open ear (and a lil smile).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avikid86

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:09 am

Quote :
said it before, but seems like i ll hav to put it out there again...remember hed is also a band tryin to make a lil money to live from. i wouldnt dare to say jahred or anyone else in the band doesnt believe 100% in what is being said in some of the songs but it just gets people talking u kno. sooo many peeps are ryding tht NWO bandwagon at the moment... it just works. u shudnt take every word for gold is what i m sayin. just take it with an open ear (and a lil smile).

Yeah, that what I kind of think too, kinda like ICP with the whole 6th jokers card, they know they have something that will get people's attention and check 'em out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/avikid86
nvr_mind

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:52 am

either way, the conspiracy theory bullshit is old and it's attracted a lot of weird paranoid assholes. I miss the soulful head that wrote songs that got you to think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As much as I love Hed PE..   

Back to top Go down

As much as I love Hed PE..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next