HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Album is out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadMadMan565

PostSubject: Album is out   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:23 am

The album leaked. If you look online you'll be able to find it (do not post links here)

On first impression, it's a lot more polished/well produced then the tracks they posted a few weeks back (including those tracks as well).

"Hurt" is easily my favorite track. It's so fucking hype and I LOVE the use of all of his different vocal styles in this song, especially that deep growl in the chorus...I've always loved that growl, especially on OIA. The guitar riffs on this track are also catchy as fuck.

Jahred actually experiments a lot with his vocals...he does a couple things i've never heard him try which is cool. Their new guitarist did amazing on some of these tracks too, but I still miss Jaxon lol.

My complaints are what I already mentioned in the other thread...they lost a lot of their uniqueness with their most recent music. It's a good album, but I dont really find it all that game changing. Also I absolutely hate the fact that the last few songs are pure reggae. Not because they don't do it well, but because it kills the vibe of the rest of the album. They should have scattered, in my opinion.

My thoughts are scattered because im typing this as i listen, but my favorites are Hurt, Pay Me, Closer, and Its You.

If you've listened yet, what did you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/screamfan2009
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 am

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote MadMadMan.

Disregarding the final reggae tracks, this could be their heaviest album yet (whatever that means, a highly subjective term I know) which should please quite a few members of this community. I’m impressed with the production quality. It doesn’t sound laptoppy anymore. Perhaps they had more cash to throw into this one.

A minor criticism I have with this effort is that it seems to take itself far too seriously, except for this one splendid moment where Jahred starts rapping about love- 'I never knew that love could be like this, I was addicted after just one kiss, I was a junkie when she put it her mouth, she never took it out, and now this nigga turning inside out.' I miss the playful nature that can be found so easily on so many of (hed)s other albums. This effort deals once again with rising up against the N.W.O. and blah blah blah...Yawn. We've heard it guys.

My biggest issue with this album though (and the two before it) is that, once again, it feels too samey and too safe. What I always found so admirable about (hed) was that for the first five albums they made huge steps from album to album with their style at great risk to their fan-base, yet somehow remained inherently (hed). No small task. This was one of their greatest gifts as a band.

Nowadays, I hear too many rehashed lyrics and too many rehashed riffs and too many rehashed styles. It’s too focused and too comfortable. It’s not as messy and risky anymore.This is a different album from all those that have come before it, but it’s not different enough. I really miss their wild strides!

The reggae tracks are good, but they’re just that…good. They’re not great! And I come to expect only great from (hed) with their cool down tracks. Think Bitches and The Meadow…Of course, I’m living way, way, waaay in the past and (hed) is only Jahred as far as original members go…

BUT THERE’S THE WORD I’M LOOKING FOR! This doesn’t have the ORIGINALITY I have come to expect from them after hearing all of the albums from the first half of the bands career.

Stand out track...Probably Hurt. It’s got this Chinesey verse/chorus that works well and his vocal change ups really work. If there is an original track on the album it’s this one.

This is a good album, it’s just not a great album. Of course, (hed) albums always grow on me…But on first impression, it’s about what I expected. An album that shows moments of promise (last 20 seconds of Waste, WTF, see I love that unexpected shit), but that overall, falls short of the mark.

Love to hear what you all think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
Catar4x
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Heard a bit, the quality of the leak is completely ugly, looking to get the CD to completely listen the new tracks.
But at least, there is some surprise part during the listen. While Evolution was really boring.

Liv! : Very great track, impressive...
Waste : at the level of Whitehouse, good!
One of the kind : My favorite

The Higher Crown : Damn, he's back?! Nooo!!!!

I feel like i'm listening to an incomplete product once again, why no double albums?
Frustrating...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:03 am

It's a step up from Evolution, I know that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
(hed)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:46 pm

really like it! i think it's their best effort in a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catar4x
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:59 pm

The metal side is really good. I'll call this Evolution v2, since this is far away from the level of Truth Rising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 am

DL-ed yesterday and it is exactly what I feared/imagined it will be....nothing special, but sure (and fair) a step up from Evolution (which was even more boring).
No typical hed vibe (also) on this one, Jah (should) Know better than this; it sounds just like any Skinded album.

Imagine someone who never heard of hed, and you spin last two records for him...

And also this songs order is stupid; first metal tracks, than some reggae my the end? scratch

Where are THE good ol' days, when I was excited as a fuck about hed records...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ivan
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:07 am

i really dig the new album, too many great tracks, a really big step up since the let down that was evolution. i got some new hed favorites in hurt, shadowridge, one of a kind and even liv and pay me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album is out   

Back to top Go down

Album is out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1