(Hed)P.E. Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.

Go down 
+7
LotusLord
wedged
hed_2012
MADMANNe
(anonymous)
Joeolive1234
Srh (hed)pe586
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. Empty
PostSubject: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 pm

thats like the highest i've seen a subnoize and hed pe record every charted
Back to top Go down
Joeolive1234

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 pm

CHART: Top Albums: Billboard Top 200
Week Ending: 10/31/2010

1 SWIFT*TAYLOR SPEAK NOW 1,046,718
2 SUGARLAND INCREDIBLE MACHINE 88,575
3 KINGS OF LEON COME AROUND SUNDOWN 67,281
4 LIL WAYNE I AM NOT A HUMAN BEING 42,910
5 EMINEM RECOVERY 37,576
96 TRIBBETT*TYE FRESH 4,765
97 NICKELBACK DARK HORSE 4,763
98 (HED) P.E. TRUTH RISING 4,758
99 JOHNSON*JACK TO THE SEA 4,648
100 LADY GAGA FAME MONSTER (8 TRK) 4,604
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/joeolive1234
Joeolive1234

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm

That's their 1st week sales. Not very good. Get the word out! Support HED and buy the damn thing
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/joeolive1234
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:02 pm

They only sold 4,758 copies?
Not very good.
But I wasn't able to buy it yet as it's not available in Poland and I guess many non-US fans didn't do it for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:52 pm

That sucks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/madmanne1
hed_2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
hed_2012

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah (anonymous) still not in Aus yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hed2012
wedged
Admin
Admin
wedged

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 am

(anonymous) wrote:
Not very good.
But I wasn't able to buy it yet as it's not available in Poland and I guess many non-US fans didn't do it for the same reason.

I feel ya bro, I have the same bullshit atm. In fact, bol.com notified me that they couldn't GET the CD in stock.
which is awkward, because I've been getting my (hed)p.e. dosage like this since OIA...

Anyhow, today I'm going to a local metal import shop. And see if they have it there, if not I'll order it through him.
It's gonna cost me a bit more, but not as much as 30$ shipping rates from subnoize, (which is compelte bullshit in my opinion)

It's not that I don't have the money, but seeing how many bullshit some other euro fans have been through with subnoize,
I don't want to risk my hard earned cash in that way.
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 am

(anonymous) wrote:
Not very good.

I guess album sales isent a good measurement of success for a band anymore. its prolly more about playing shows and selling merch.
Back to top Go down
wedged
Admin
Admin
wedged

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah agreed on above MADMANNe.
Especially with all the piracy going on nowadays.
I know for fact, that all of you guys prolly ordered your copy.
And it's not just in (hed)'s case.

I mean if I like a band, I buy their album.
I support the band, and by doing so, I hope I contributed in a way for them to do a new record.

But nowadays, people don't buy the album, they download it.
I think the record labels rethought their strategy, and obviously make their money of shows and merch.

Otherwise it's hard to explain how so many mainstream record labels still excist.
I know that it's a bit different with indie labels, being underground, they have fans of the bands to depend on. That's merely the reason a label like subnoize will never grow to be a big player in the market.

I don't think that's their intention though.. but just my two cents.

Okay I'll quit typing now since this is going off topic haha.

Don't get me started on corporate structures...;-)
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 pm

I got my copy ordered on ebay, probably gonna get it as a late bday present from my mum at the end of November! Smile
Unfortunately it's the one CD version so I'm still looking for the Skull&Bonus disc.
Back to top Go down
LotusLord
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 pm

The artists don't get much off the album sales anyway. It's all merch and shows. I did download it (I almost always download an album before I buy it), however I bought the album at the show. It's true though that album sales don't mean much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:18 am

"at the major label we made like 50 cents off each record, and subnoize we make like 5 dollars off each copy"
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Srh (hed)pe586 wrote:
"at the major label we made like 50 cents off each record, and subnoize we make like 5 dollars off each copy"

That is true for sure.
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:45 pm

It's about 50% of the price, not bad.
Wonder if they count iTunes and other downloads or just CD sales?

My copy of Truth Rising has been shipped!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:18 am

I wonder how much jahred makes a year really. I'm sure he makes more then most of the band, but I wonder what he makes. I'm thinking atleast a quarter of a mill a year.
Back to top Go down
MADMANNe
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
MADMANNe

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:03 am

Srh (hed)pe586 wrote:
I wonder how much jahred makes a year really. I'm sure he makes more then most of the band, but I wonder what he makes. I'm thinking atleast a quarter of a mill a year.

What makes u think that? Sounds like alot of money to me!
Back to top Go down
blackout
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
blackout

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Money Isn"t Our God!
Smile
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:00 pm

It's a lot of money, I don't think Jared makes that much, hed isn't that popular and I've never heard of his other activities.

Among the band members, I only know that Product is a graffiti artist.
Back to top Go down
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 pm

250k a year isnt that much money for a lot of semi famous musicians, if the doesnt make that then, its probably atleast 150K.
Back to top Go down
cripBrownie420
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
cripBrownie420

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:20 pm

does this mean hed sold out???? i dont think they did
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/​CripBrownie
Srh (hed)pe586
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Srh (hed)pe586

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:33 pm

i never said they did
Back to top Go down
Broke2012
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride
Broke2012

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:42 pm

You don't make shit on selling records, not even on an indie label. The money a band makes now a days comes from the people that buy tickets to their shows and buy their merch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/broke2012
hedfan1
(hed) Souljah
(hed) Souljah
hedfan1

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 am

My local Best Buy said in the past two years they have reduced their CD selection by 40% due to the reduction in CD sales because of downloading either legally or ilegally.

That is crazy!
Back to top Go down
(anonymous)
Born 2 Ride
Born 2 Ride

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:42 pm

hedfan1 wrote:
My local Best Buy said in the past two years they have reduced their CD selection by 40% due to the reduction in CD sales because of downloading either legally or ilegally.

That is crazy!

It's the same in Polish stores, they used to have huge CD sections and now they're almost invisible and all you can get is Hannah Montana and other pop crap.
I can't even get Bob Marley albums there so I buy most of my music CDs online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.   Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Truth Rising is number 7 on the hard rock charts.
Page 1 of 1